The Baycrest Innovation Engine develops, evaluates and transfers new practices, knowledge and products from our health sciences platform to the division at Baycrest responsible for bringing products to market, and has a system-wide impact on care delivery, quality of life and health and wellness.
Baycrest, a world-class leader in innovation in aging, provides care through a unique continuum of care system ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300 bed complex continuing care facility.
Baycrest, a world-class leader in innovation in aging, provides care through a unique continuum of care system ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300- bed hospital that includes both Acute and Complex Continuing Care.
The mission of the Baycrest Foundation is to enrich the quality of life of our community by supporting programs and services that promote excellence in care, research, and education in the field of aging.
The Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a full-time
DIGITAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
who will support the development of digital strategy and the day-to-day functioing of all social media channels and the Foundation website.
Non-union - 70.0 hours biweekly - 1.00 F.T.E.
Community Animation/Social Media
- Reporting to the Director of Digital & Donor Communications, the positions acts as the social media practice professional for the Foundation’s Digital team, supporting the team in leveraging digital media and extending online reach for campaigns, communications vehicles and media initiatives.
- Supporting strategic digital initiatives and branding.
- Working with volunteers, donors, sponsors and supports to engage them in Foundation initiatives and excite them about activities.
- Maintaining responsibility for monitoring content on social media sites.
- Overseeing all media channels.
- Monitoring and tracking fans, followers, downloads, web analytics, and forms of social engagement (“likes”, re-tweets, repins, shares, etc.) and developing strategy to further enhance support.
- Monitoring and engaging in online conversation, serving as the primary point of contact; listening, answering questions, identifying issues, responding to urgent and emerging conversations.
- Tracking online supporters, fans and followers with an aim toward social conversion and donor stewardship.
- Working closely with the Events and Online Support Coordinator to create engaged online stakeholder and donor communities.
- Working closely with the Public Affairs team to ensure consistency of messaging and upholding of branding.
- Overseeing work with Baycrest Foundation staff on daily web maintenance.
- Identifying social influencers and reaching out to them for support; growing relationships online and gaining followers and friends.
Online Content Development
- Building and maintaining Foundation content distribution network by way of social media channels.
- Working collaboratively with Events and Baycrests Public Affairs team, specifically the to develop online content related to Foundation activities – events, donor profiles, etc. editorial planning, and making editorial selections from user generated content.
- Tagging and title content, with an understanding of how the words chosen impact natural search traffic and rankings via recurrent optimized content.
- Acting as a departmental resource on the use of social media.
- Resolving/troubleshooting system problems.
- Preparing social and web analytics templates for roll-out to the Events team and as appropriate.
- Sending weekly analytics with measurements on strategies and working to develop new tactics to increase our digital presence.
- Promoting the Foundation website through integrated organic search engine optimization (‘SEO’), social media optimization (‘SMO’) and paid placement (‘PPC’).
- Analyzing campaigns and translating anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and planning for revising the social media campaigns.
- Providing digital support to assigned Baycrest Foundation events and communities.
- Identifying and engaging advocates; growing relationships with social influencers in various online communities.
- Actively participating in external networks and heath care social media communities.
- Generating ideas for new and improved community and website features; managing execution with developers.
- Proactively escalating issues, observations, opportunities and insights Continuously keeping ahead of social media trends.
- Regularly communicating with donors, board members and senior staff.
- Providing administrative services that contribute to the effective and efficient operations of the team at the Baycrest Foundation.
- University degree or equivalent in marketing, communications or related field.
- Certificate in digital communications and/or project management is an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal & written skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task with competing priorities to ensure all responsibilities are completed on time.
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students/researchers, physicians and volunteers.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 785-2500, ext. 2961.
Please apply online at: http://baycrest-hospital-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=33&company_id=30045&jobboardid=1713