The Baycrest Innovation Engine develops, evaluates and transfers new practices, knowledge and products from our health sciences platform to the division at Baycrest responsible for bringing products to market, and has a system-wide impact on care delivery, quality of life and health and wellness.
Baycrest, a world-class leader in innovation in aging, provides care through a unique continuum of care system ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300 bed complex continuing care facility.
Baycrest, a world-class leader in innovation in aging, provides care through a unique continuum of care system ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300- bed hospital that includes both Acute and Complex Continuing Care.
The mission of the Baycrest Foundation is to enrich the quality of life of our community by supporting programs and services that promote excellence in care, research, and education in the field of aging.
To support the achievement of its campaign objectives, the Baycrest Foundation has a full-time opportunity for a
MANAGER, CORPORATE RELATIONS
(Principal & Planned Gifts Team)
ABOUT THE BAYCREST FOUNDATION
Baycrest, a world-class leader in innovation in aging, provides care through a unique continuum of care system ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed hospital that includes both Acute and Complex Continuing Care.
The Baycrest Foundation raises funds to support Baycrest’s vision: to be the global leader in providing innovative and effective solutions to the challenges inherent in the process of aging through the integration of exemplary clinical care, education and scientific discovery. The Baycrest Foundation does this through developing and nurturing relationships with community leaders, donors and prospects in Toronto, Canada and internationally, and by generating awareness and recognition for Baycrest and its work.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Director, Principal and Planned Gifts, the Manager, Corporate Relations has a key leadership role in the development and implementation of a comprehensive major gift and sponsorship program for corporations and corporate foundations by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding relationships with a portfolio of corporations. The Manager, Corporate Relations will coordinate and collaborate closely with the Manager, Foundation Relations.
The Manager, Corporate Relations will be responsible for:
- Creating, retaining and growing a portfolio of strategic corporate partnerships, including prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship to grow new funding and maximize engagement.
Corporate Giving: Donor Acquisition, Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship
- Executing acquisition strategies that are focused on building and advancing the portfolio of corporate partnerships and key accounts, in a manner that meets Baycrest’s revenue targets.
- Managing high-quality stewardship for active corporate donors, including a regular schedule of contacts, meetings, and interactions.
- Serving as the primary relationship manager for the portfolio of potential and active corporate donors.
- Collaborating with events personnel as part of the Baycrest Foundation’s cultivation and stewardship efforts directed to prospective corporate donors.
- Developing, managing and leveraging synergistic corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Collaborating with Events personnel for purposes of identification and fulfilment of sponsorship opportunities.
- Identifying and preparing strategies; closing, cultivating and analyzing relationships with active and potential corporate sponsors.
- Analyzing new partnering sponsorship packaging initiatives.
- Developing a complete understanding of all sponsorable events.
- Collaborating in developing appropriate recognition for sponsors.
- Planning and project managing sponsored activities to ensure programs and initiatives support the strategy and deliver on commitments made to sponsors.
- Implementing measurement tools to ensure profitable return on investment is delivered to all partners.
- Overseeing the development of competitive and compelling requests for funding, including the production of letters of inquiry, concept papers and proposals.
- Working closely with the leadership team, other Foundation and Centre staff and Communications staff to develop content for proposals to corporations.
- Managing systems to ensure completion and delivery of reports to funders, working with Foundation and Communications staff to develop content for narrative and financial reports on deadline.
- Maintaining detailed records of proposal submission, stewardship, and reporting activities.
Donor Prospecting & Relationship/Partnership Management
- Conducting prospect research and creates donor and prospect profiles to support the solicitation of gifts from targeted Corporations.
- Utilizing the full spectrum of research resources including online, print and person-to-person.
- Handling all information about external corporations accurately, ethically and confidentially.
- Retaining current knowledge of emerging giving trends in corporations, with a special emphasis on developing relationships with major corporations as well as new, innovative alliances.
- Managing relationships with corporate donors, including serving as primary contact.
- Writing donor acknowledgement letters that reinforce themes and optimize cross-promotion for events/activities of the Baycrest Foundation.
- Collaborating in the development of donor recognition plans and opportunities; ensures delivery of all committed recognition/ acknowledgement of corporate donors.
Baycrest Foundation Support
- Performing various corporate management responsibilities that support and advance the corporate goals of Baycrest and the Baycrest Foundation.
- Contributing to corporate strategic direction and operational initiatives success through participation on key organizational committees.
- Initiating and developing respectful and collaborative working relationships with peers and associates in other departments across Baycrest to foster a productive, supportive work environment.
- Initiating and developing effective working relationships with external professional associations and educational/learning facilities to maintain currency of current/emerging practices, trends and/or legislation/ regulations.
Candidate Qualifications include:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Certificate in Fundraising Management or equivalent is an asset.Experience in project management.
- Minimum of eight (8) years related Development/Advancement experience
- Experience in corporate philanthropy, corporate sponsorship and donor support.
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning, proposal development and donor solicitation, gift closure and stewardship.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (‘CFRE’) certification is an asset.
- Superior and confident verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills with the ability to communicate with ease and comfort in highly professional corporate and foundation environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are critical, to exert influence and develop constructive working relationships.
- Highly developed research, writing and editing skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to articulate the messaging in a clear and compelling manner to a wide array of audiences.
- Excellent relationship building, management, networking and stewardship skills.
- Ability to develop strategic, personable and proactive relationships with donors and prospects.
- Ability to serve as an effective ambassador for the organization with external constituencies.
- Enthusiastic self-starter who is able to function well in the Baycrest Foundation’s collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, goal oriented and deadline-driven environment.
- High level of technical literacy in the Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, MS Project).
- Strong prospect development and moves management knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of Development software, i.e. Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations, legal and ethical standards/requirements relevant to the profession.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in corporate and/or foundation funding and the methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of Corporations.
- Ability to use discretion, judgment and tact in handling sensitive/confidential information and situations.
As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students/researchers, physicians and volunteers.
Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at (416) 785-2500, ext. 2961.
Please apply online at: http://baycrest-hospital-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/submit.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=29&company_id=30045&jobboardid=1713