Senior SAS Developer (Business Intelligence) - Bell Mobility
Mississauga, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA; North York, ON, CANADA; Etobicoke, ON, CANADA;
Year(s) of Experience:
Number Of Positions:
Jun 25, 2012
|Senior SAS Business Intelligence Developer - Bell Mobility
Operating under the VP of Client Experience, Bell’s Client Insight & Business Intelligence (BI) Group is responsible for the management and optimization of BI systems used for the targeted marketing contact strategy, analysis on customer behaviour and insight to drive business decisions.
This is a terrific opportunity for the right Business Intelligence Developer to be engrossed with state of the art technologies, to be part of an elite Business Intelligence team to help transform the organization in driving out one of the most significant strategic mandates within Bell. As part of this team, you will have opportunities to build your project management skills and gain experience working with new, cutting-edge BI technologies.
Our people are making big things happen across the country, nourished constantly by growth, training and personal development opportunities. Our passionate, dedicated leaders encourage and empower people to grow and succeed.
- Participate in deploying cutting-edge BI solutions using latest technology hardware.
- Lead the design, programming and code documentation for the BI process.
- Work with large data volumes efficiently using SAS
- Continuously acquire and maintain knowledge of current technology and techniques.
- Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI through training opportunities.
- Design and introduce new processes and solutions to drive sophisticated BI processes.
- Translate business requirements into efficient BI solutions.
- Deliver on key projects and data strategies that directly support key business drivers.
- Take part in defining the overall data integration architecture (e.g. ETL processes, ODS, Data Marts).
- Implement defined documentation and programming standards for projects and provide a documentation framework including requirements, design, testing and deployment documents
- Leverage the expertise and resources available within the team
- Explore new sources of information to expand insight opportunities.
- 6 + years experience in Base SAS Language Programming: including SAS Macro
- 2 years experience with working knowledge of SAS V9.2 BI platform (Unix environment)
- Metadata management using SAS Management Console;
- Report Development using a variety of SAS Procedures and Tools: including ODS, Enterprise Guide, Web Report Studio, BI Dashboard
- ETL development using DI Studio
- OLAP development and design
- Batch Scheduling
- Strong SQL, data warehousing and database skills (TERADATA, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Data modeling experience (normalized and multidimensional).
- 2+ years experience in BI Reporting (e.g. SAS, Micro-strategy etc.).
- Experience in implementing successful data integration and BI efforts.
- Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies that lift the overall performance of the business..
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong business partnerships and client relationships.
- Proven project management and change management skills.
· Experience in Telecommunications. · Experience with the design, development and maintenance of enterprise level data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAS or others. · Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies.
Position Type: Management (CP3) Company Name: Bell Mobility Resource Person’s Name: Domenic Perri Date Candidate Required: ASAP
Application Deadline: July 13, 2012
Job Location: Toronto (Wynford)
Referral Bonus: $1500
Apply directly on line to be considered for this role. Emails will not be accepted.
Information For Current Bell Employees:
Please note that the only information related to PMP that should be included on your resume or cover letter is your latest rating (Exceeds, Meets etc.).
The masculine and feminine used in this job offer refer equality to employees of both sexes and in no way represent a particular distinction based on gender; Bell is an equal opportunity employer. #Feature