As Canada’s sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 734,000 residents and 55,000 businesses, including 63 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area. Enhancing its citizens’ quality of life by providing superior services, revitalizing its infrastructure and conserving the environment, Mississauga is committed to innovation, operational excellence and fiscal responsibility which is reflected in its motto: “Leading Today for Tomorrow.”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
TRANSPORTATION & WORKS DEPARTMENT
ENGINEERING AND WORKS DIVISION
SERVICE CENTRE SECTION
• Minimum grade 12 education is required.
• Minimum of 5 years stockroom/order desk/purchasing related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Extensive knowledge related to parts and inventory management is required.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Rules, WHIMS, and Hazardous Goods preferred.
• Ability to use equipment parts manuals related to Commercial Vehicles, Light Trucks, off road light and heavy equipment, parts knowledge.
• Good organizational skills along with ability to attend accurately to details.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service to effectively deal with mechanics and suppliers/vendors.
• Experience with an automated fleet maintenance system, basic knowledge of computer applications
• Must have the ability to travel and provide own transportation.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the incumbent:
• Posts inventory to computerized system and prices all work orders.
• Orders and pick up as required, stock parts, special parts, lubricants, etc.
• Maintains and updates parts catalogue and cycle counting.
• Receives, identifies and locates all stock parts.
• Performs duties of counter person to provide service to mechanics;
• Distributes parts and controls, updates inventory transactions via computer system;
• Posts inventory to computerized and work order systems including parts costs.
• Performs clerical and administrative functions pertaining to the Stores Section.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Willing to work overtime when requested.
• Overtime call-ins will be required.
• Shift work may be required.
• Physical demands of the position include; frequent lifting, standing, bending and carrying equipment of approximately 20 kg or greater.
SALARY: Grade B $41,963 - $55,950
Applications will be received ONLINE ONLY by January 18, 2013
A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, that is acceptable to the City of Mississauga.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the municipal Act. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire will appear on screen and must be completed.