The Canada Revenue Agency is the principal revenue collector for the federal government. We are responsible for the administration of tax programs, as well as the delivery of income-based benefits, credits, and other services that contribute directly to the economic and social well-being of Canadians.|
Student Program Clerk/Officer
Selection Process Number
PEI Student Recruitment Posting - Summer 2009
$9.35 to $18.76 per hour
Who can apply
Canadian citizens or landed immigrants who are currently enrolled in full-time post secondary studies who will be returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2009. Part-time students are eligible to apply if they have a recognized disability, and are returning to part-time studies in the fall of 2009.
To be eligible you must reside in Summerside, Charlottetown, Montague, Mount Stewart, Borden-Carleton, Alberton or Tignish PE and surrounding communities. Individuals currently enrolled in full-time studies for the next session in an accredited university or college program.
Final date and time for receipt of applications
December 5, 2008
Address: Summerside Tax Centre, Summerside PE
Anticipated Length of Contract
1-4 Months (majority will be less than 1 month offers)
The majority of positions are for a 3 week project as Mail Services Clerks (late April – May). It is anticipated there will be a number of opportunities available for the full summer, possibly including a 3-month contract under the Aboriginal Summer Student Employment Program. This process may also be used to fill other similar positions at either the Summerside Tax Centre or Charlottetown Tax Services Office.
Testing sessions may be required. If you attend university / college off-Island, please indicate in the questionnaire if you plan to return to PEI over the December semester break and the dates you may be home. For testing off-Island, you will be further advised of arrangements.
Job Description and Duties
Students will be working in the income tax workload. Duties may include opening mail, preparing returns for processing, preparing payments received for processing, keying tax payments, and other administrative /officer tasks. This process may also be used to staff other similar positions.
Candidates must fully demonstrate in sufficient detail how they meet the pre-requisites. Failure to provide sufficient information will result in candidates being screened out of the selection process.
Various language requirements
No experience is necessary. Previous experience working at the Summerside Tax Centre or Charlottetown Tax Services Office would be considered an asset.
A secondary school diploma
Candidates must be registered full-time at a post-secondary institution and be returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2009. Part-time post-secondary students are eligible if they have a recognized disability and are returning to studies in the fall of 2009.
You may be assessed using one or more of the following tools:
- standardized test(s)
- written examination(s)
- reference check(s)
A cognitive ability personnel test may be administered to assess the following qualifications:
- Problem solving
- Ability to Learn
- Ability to Understand Instructions
Interviews may be administered to assess the following qualifications:
- Effective Interactive Communication
Conditions of Employment
- There may be a requirement for some students to work from 4:30 PM - 12:30 AM.
- Reliability/Security: Reliability Status
Placement decisions will be based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Depth, breadth, type, and/or quality of work-specific experience
- Employment equity
- Level/degree of one or more qualifications/competencies
- Level/degree of education
- Relevance of course of study to CRA business needs
- Language proficiency
How to Apply
Submit an online application by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button. Please ensure that you’ve clearly provided the following information in your cover letter:
- Cover Letter
- The CRA is committed to ensuring equitable participation of women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minority groups. For more information, click here.
- Please note that no travelling expenses will be reimbursed for attending the evaluation process. No relocation costs will be covered with an offer of employment.
- This selection process may be used to staff positions other than the one identified above.
- By applying, the candidates accept that a verification of their education, employment and criminal records will be done.
Please advise of any accommodations, and/or technical aids you may require at any stage of this process so that we can take the appropriate measures to facilitate your full participation.
- CRA would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.