The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life - all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Cleaner within the Community and Social Services Service Area, Parks & Recreation Department. The successful candidate will focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
HOURS OF WORK:
This position could be any five (5) consecutive shifts of eight (8) hours either 5:30 am – 1:30 pm or 5:30 pm – 1:30 am Sunday through Saturday (rotation will be involved).
- Provide cleaning service including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, washing floors, mirrors and windows, cleaning washrooms, washroom fixtures, counter tops, tables, chairs, work rooms, utility rooms, kitchens, fridges, stoves, microwaves, etc., garbage removal.
- Pool vacuuming and recording pool readings where designated.
- Use of commercial scrubbers/swing buffers/carpet cleaners etc.
- Provide legislated standard cleaning to KidsAbility Centre for Child Development and the Aquatic Centre.
- Stock the appropriate cleaning products, hygiene products and associated equipment.
- Keep all washrooms and the fitness room fully stocked with the appropriate products.
- Respond to emergency clean-ups and spills, and plunge washrooms fixtures as required.
- Shovel snow, salt walkways/entrances, change light bulbs and execute minor work within an office environment.
- Assist other team members of the facility in day to day activities, set ups/tear downs, early morning opening of facility/arena opening.
- Enter time through WAM (Synergen).
- Maintain facility quality and safety by adhering to predetermined building cleaning and operating standards, maintaining all required documentation of day to day work.
- Provide excellent customer service and public relations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and 3-6 months experience in a facility using cleaning equipment/cleaning products and performing basic building maintenance activities using small hand and power tools. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid Class G drivers licence and possess a good driving record.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Neat in appearance and have the ability to deal with the internal and external contacts in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Must be able to perform physical repetitive work (e.g. lifting, bending, climbing ladders, pushing and pulling with moderate exertion).
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Must be able to work alone and with supervision.
- Working positively and in co-operation with other team members is an important part of this position.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
SALARY: $21.77 per hour plus benefits
Applications must be received online by Sunday, May 19th, 2013. Please note you will be required to complete a short online questionnaire specific to this position as part of the application process. To apply for this position click on the “Apply for this Job” icon, instructions will follow.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.