Title: PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR
Location: EDMONTON, AB
Closing Date: November 23, 2012
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $13.2 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Property Administrator for the Property Management Group at Commerce Place in Edmonton, Alberta. The primary responsibility of the Property Administrator is to perform a variety of property management administrative functions that are best suited for the specified property. This position is responsible for the ongoing daily property management administrative functions including processing tenant file maintenance on an automated property management system, reviewing monthly rent roll billings to tenants, depositing rental cheques, processing tenant rental cash receipts and coding property invoices for payment.
• Processes preliminary monthly rent roll report and communicate ongoing rental billing changes to tenants
• Preparation of vacancy notices, arrears reporting and tenant WatchList
• Issue final billing and tenant charge-back invoices to tenants for miscellaneous charges
• Process percentage rent information including collection of monthly tenant sales information and reviewing percentage rent reports
• Deposit rental cheques to appropriate client bank accounts, code tenant cheques, photocopy cheques and record cash receipts to tenant’s accounts in CTI
• Assist in rent collection, provide both verbal and written communication with tenants
• Prepare tenant receivable reports to property manager and revenue accounting staff
• Process real estate accounts payable invoices including:
o Following GWLRA accounting policies and procedures, code property operating expense invoices to appropriate general ledger accounts and budget amounts
o Administer invoice holdback where applicable
o Match invoices to approved purchase orders
o Respond professionally to various invoice payments inquiries by property management staff or external vendors
• Assist the property manager in the budget preparation of operating expenses and capital expenditure working documents
• Provide general administrative support including word processing, presentations, expense reports, filing, photocopying, faxing, scheduling appointments/meetings, maintaining vacation records, ordering of office supplies, etc
• Collection and maintenance of various forms of records including, but not limited to plans, insurance, sales figures, fixtures & chattels listing and other information related to property management
• Provide assistance to the Property Manager by keeping on top of deadlines/commitments and pro-active follow-up. Assist in the organization of tenant functions
• Provide assistance to building tenants and redirect complex issues to the appropriate resources for resolution.
• Establish good working relationships with internal and external contacts such as tenants, contractors etc
• Other projects and reporting as required.
• Education required include a post-secondary college degree, preferable in accounting
• Minimum two years experience in property administration
• Enrollment in professional accounting program (i.e. CGA, CMA or CA) is an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to meet the needs of clients
• Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within the time frame
• Exceptional communications, organization, interpersonal and time management skills
• Self motivated, professional and flexible
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team