Title: Building Operator
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
Closing Date: November 23, 2012
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $13.2 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Building Operator at Park Place in Vancouver, BC. The primary responsibility of the Building Operator is to ensure that the building is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to the highest level of operational efficiency.
• Review, monitor and inspect all building functions including mechanical and electrical areas and provide direction to trades in maintaining first class standards of building operations and services. Tasks include decisions for various operational modes, equipment logs, inspections, chemical tests, filter changes and temperature concerns
• Provide quotations and recommendations, regular visits and prompt service to building tenants to ensure satisfactory and problem resolution. Order supplies and serves based on pre-authorized levels of approval
• Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of all equipment, maintenance and repair building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures and financial limitations
• Implementation of WHMIS, Health & Safety programs, Riskcheck items and departmental directives
• Provide standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and attend after hour building emergencies
• Direct and supervise repairs to the building and its equipment
• Supervise energy management practices for lighting and HVAC and seek to identify areas for improvement
• Perform chemical tests on building water systems - includes chilled water back up, base building and tenant generators
• Conduct final inspections on all construction to ensure deficiencies are corrected, space conforms to codes, ensure that the space has been built as per the drawings and provide a completed and detailed report
• Prepare and submit reports based on operations as may be required
• Other duties as required
• 4th Class Stationary Engineering Certificate
• Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
• Extensive knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, DDC BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
• Mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills
• Exceptional communications, organization, interpersonal and time management skills
• A valid driver’s license
• Willingness to advance knowledge and experience through educations studies