Title: revenue accounts payable accountant, 14 month contract
Location: CALGARY, AB
Closing Date: November 30, 2012
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $13.2 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, Prairie Region, the successful candidate will fill the temporary full-time position of Revenue Accounts Payable Accountant. This assignment will be approximately fourteen (14) months in length. Working in a team based environment, the Revenue Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for the accurate and timely maintenance of the Accounts Payable vendor and WCB clearance data bases, and posting tenant billings. The incumbent’s portfolio encompasses all properties located in the Prairie Region, which extends from Alberta east to Manitoba and includes assets in Texas.
The Revenue Accountant will complete the following duties in accordance with GWL Realty Advisors’ Policies and Procedures:
• CTI Vendor maintenance;
• WCB clearance data base maintenance;
• General invoicing (tenant charge-backs);
• Management of the recurring payable process;
• Coding invoices allocated over the portfolio;
• Preparation of all TIPP (tax instalment payment plan) and BTIPP (business tax instalment payment plan) journal entries and associated reconciliations;
• Accounting for property tax refunds;
• Coordination of "Assessment Request for Information" reports as requested by the municipalities;
• Assembly of required American vendor information and preparation of the annual 1096 and 1099-MISC taxation forms;
• Secondary support for CTI Property and Lease Administration;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Accounting background/post-secondary education beneficial;
• Background in real estate property accounting or business accounting beneficial;
• Lease/contract review, administration, and billing experience required;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Strong computer skills, experience working with the CTI Property Management System or in an AS400 environment preferable.
• Detail oriented;
• Managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
• Appreciation and willingness to work within a standard set of parameters;
• Good oral and written skills;
• Good problem-solving ability;
• Self starter;
• Team player;
• Deadline driven.