CASE MANAGER – WINNIPEG, MB
Reporting to the Team Manager, the Case Manager is a member of a client team and is responsible for the proactive management of assigned disability claims (STD, LTD and Life Waiver) by determining the length of disability through an evaluation of medical information and job duties. The Case Manager is also responsible for delivering timely, professional and responsive service to our clients and their employees.
- Assess new claims to determine initial entitlement for benefits in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Proactively manage accepted claims through identification of appropriate cost effective measures to manage claim duration.
- Develop and execute comprehensive claims management plans.
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses to validate claims management expenses.
- Implement return-to-work programs of less than twelve weeks in duration.
- Effectively communicate claim decisions to claimants and employers and respond to inquiries from claimants, employers, physicians, lawyers, and internal Great-West Life business partners.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of post-secondary degree; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple demands and competing priorities to achieve required results.
- Commitment to customer service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle contentious situations and negotiate positive results.
- Highly skilled at and comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated excellence in phone etiquette and client service.
- Experience in disability management would be an asset.
- Preference for candidates Bilingual in French.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP!
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income, and opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Please state salary expectations in cover letter. Apply by November 21, 2012.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We will contact you only if you are selected for an interview.