Title: manager, portfolio analysis and research
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
Closing Date: December 14, 2012
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $13.2 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Director, Portfolio Analysis and Research Services, the successful candidate will fill the full time position of Manager, Portfolio Analysis and Research in our office in Vancouver, BC. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide analysis and research services covering all of Canada for the company, the senior executive team, and clients to aid decision-making and to help formulate and guide company strategies, including growth initiatives.
• Provide analytical and research related to all real estate asset classes (including office, retail, industrial and multi-residential) in cities across Canada as well as provide economic and societal analysis, including long-term projections. This supports acquisitions, dispositions, development and ongoing asset management
• To prepare research reports on a variety of real estate topics to aid colleagues and clients in making better-informed decisions as well as to build their trust and confidence in GWL Realty Advisors. These typically go beyond real estate trends to the drivers behind them. Past topics have included workplace design changes, logistics industry trends, demographic shifts, oil and natural gas industry trends, and consumer behavior trends
• Present research findings to clients and potential clients to raise profile of GWL Realty Advisors as a leading real estate investment manager and to demonstrate our expertise and professionalism
• Contribute to sharing research on an internal social media system by obtaining, saving and summarizing third party financial, economic, transaction and investment analysis. Data sources include brokerage firms, financial institutions, professional service firms, research subscriptions, the media and other information providers
• Conduct and present various ad hoc analyses and research initiatives as required for senior management and various departments (Asset Management, Leasing, etc.) of GWL Realty Advisors and clients
• Undergraduate degree; a Graduate degree will be considered an asset
• At least five years experience in real estate analysis and research; or 5-10 years experience analyzing economic and/or social trends relevant to real estate strategy
• Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to speak clearly and with conviction to diverse audiences
• Proven ability to write clear, accessible prose on a range of topics
• Prioritizing and organizational skills
• Research and information gathering skills (including building and maintaining a network of experts in a variety of sectors and at different organizations)
• Analytical and data interpretation skills (i.e., trends, patterns)
• Advanced Excels skills
• Experience with statistical analysis as well as numerical and mathematical modeling skills (not required, but an asset)