Title: Senior real estate accountant, CONTRACT POSITION
Location: VANCOUVER, BC
Closing Date: December 14, 2012
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $13.2 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Controller, BC Region, the successful candidate will fill the temporary full time position of Senior Real Estate Accountant. This position will be approximately six (6) months in length and will be located in Vancouver, BC. This position is responsible for rental billing, capital invoice management, operating cost recovery processing, monthly property financial reporting, audit and forecasting.
• Full cycle accounting for mixed portfolio of commercial, industrial & retail assets;
• Monthly maintenance of the general ledger, including review and preparation of journal entries, accrual of revenue, operating expenses, and capital expenditures;
• Co-ordinate and prepare full-year estimates and annual operating budgets with the Leasing, Property Management and Asset Management Teams;
• Prepare year-end working paper files for external audit;
• Calculate and process final recovery invoices;
• Complete and distribute reports;
• Review CTI tenant abstracts for accuracy and data integrity; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Accounting designation preferable;
• Post secondary degree or diploma in Accounting required;
• Minimum of 7 years full cycle experience in real estate accounting, including final recoveries, year end audits, and lease interpretation;
• Supervisory experience;
• Detail oriented;
• Managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
• Appreciation and willingness to work within a standard set of parameters;
• Good oral and written skills;
• Highly proficient in Excel; Good proficiency in Word
• Experience working with CTI or in an AS400 environment preferable;
• Forecasting/budget exposure required;
• Good problem-solving ability;
• Self starter;
• Team player;
• Energetic; and
• Deadline driven.