Toronto, ON, CANADA;
Accounting and Finance ; Accounts Payable and Receivable, Accounting and Finance ; Audit, Accounting and Finance ; Accountant
Real Estate and Property Management, Accounting and Auditing Services, Hospitality
Job Career Level:
Dec 12, 2012
When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a Property Management company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
We are currently seeking a Revenue Accountant for our Head Office in Toronto. Candidates must have flexible working hours and be available evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation and timely posting of Rent
- Responsible for monthly Accounts Receivable, Last Month Rent Deposits and Parking reconciliation
- Ensure the accuracy and timely processing of bank deposits
- Responsible for reviewing for accuracy and timely processing of resident refunds
- Responsible for monthly leasing reports
- Responsible for preparation, verification and submission of consolidated monthly Electronic Funds Transfer files
- Responsible for Revenue Accounts Receivable analysis for assigned portfolio and ensure the compliance with GAAP
- Responsible for vacancy loss calculation and reporting
- Assist in preparation of Above Guidelines Increase (AGI) applications
- Ensure the accuracy of Notices of Rent Increase and provide support to property management team in lease renewal process
- Prepare monthly aged Accounts Receivable reports and provide explanations on amounts in arrears
- Responsible for accurate monthly interest on Last Month’s Rent (LMR) calculation and accrual
- Responsible for setting up commercial tenants, process adjustments and assist in collection of arrears
- Prepare internal invoices when needed
- Assist legal and collection proceedings when it is required
- Ensure all monthly accounting deadlines are met
- Maintain an orderly office area including proper filing of documentation
- Other duties as required
- College diploma in accounting or business administration
- Minimum 3 years experience in Accounts Receivable or as a Revenue Accountant in a property management company.
- Superior customer service and communication skills.
- Highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of Yardi is a must
- Microsoft Office products: Excel & Word.
All interested individuals are invited to forward their resume to Natalie Infantino via e-mail at email@example.com
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.