Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSistant
Location: MONTREAL, QUEBEC
Closing Date: January 25, 2013
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.4 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Administrative Assistant at 2001 University Montreal (Quebec). The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for administrative duties and will play a significant role in achieving, maintaining and improving the goals and objectives of the property management team.
• Assist with budget preparation and monthly reporting
• Respond and take action on tenant feedback
• Responsible for answering direct call and email, communicate with clients, tenants, vendors and staff in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
• Assist in the preparation of formal letters, legal notices and general correspondence
• Responsible for completing purchase orders
• Responsible for answering the telephone, taking messages and appropriate follow-up
• Assist in the organization and follow-up on tenant renovations and improvements as well as building project files
• Develop and maintain an excellent line of communication among building operators, staff, management, contractors and tenants
• Responsible for making all necessary travel arrangements and lunch reservations as requested
• Assist in special projects as required including Boma Best, Race-to-Reduce, and other initiatives as required
• Assist in due diligence programs of the property such as compliance reporting, audits, National Services Programs, RiskCheck etc
• Administer and improve the level of accountability of the work permit system to ensure all work is properly documented, authorized an auditable
• Maintain critical contact databases such as those for tenants, staff and key contractors
• Maintain move-in and move-out activity documents to ensure all functions are executed and tracked as a best practice
• Maintain various information manuals in a perpetually current state such as the Tenant Information Manual, Tenant Improvement Manual, Design Criteria Manual etc.
• Assist in the marketing and co-ordination of special events such as ice cream day, holiday breakfasts etc.
• Establish and maintain an excellent climate of working relations both inside GWLRA and outside the company with tenants and contractors consistent with encouraging improved service and performance levels
• Keep the Property Manager and the balance of the Property Management team informed of his/her operation and of any unusual matters that might affect approved plans and budgets
• Ensure that all company policies and standards are observed
• Maintain a positive and professional working attitude
• Other duties as required
• Must be fluently bilingual in French and English (verbal and written)
• Education acquired through the completion of a post-secondary degree or equivalent
• Minimum of two years experience working in real estate and/or property management
• Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills
• Strong organization and time management skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a demanding environment
• Professional and service oriented with a high level of confidence and flexibility
• Familiarity with lease documentation and terminology
• Ability to process large volume of information while providing a high level of customer service to tenants, brokers and internal customers
• Ability to diplomatically and confidentially deal with very demanding brokers and tenants