Title: CONTROLLER, REAL ESTATE GTA, suburban portfolio
Location: MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO
Closing Date: April 26, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.9 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Director, Finance GTA, and the successful candidate will fill the permanent full-time position of Controller, Real Estate GTA located in our Mississauga office. Working in a team based environment, this supervisory position will have times where hands-on involvement is required. The Controller will have a working knowledge of development accounting and lead a team of Accountants for the Suburban portfolio, which includes industrial and retail assets within the GTA region.
The Controller will lead and support a team of individuals through the following activities in accordance with GWL Realty Advisors’ Policies and Procedures:
• Accurate and timely maintenance of the general ledger, including review and accrual of revenue, operating expenses, and capital expenditures, ensuring all items are accounted for in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), industry standards, and property specific leases;
• Accurate and timely posting of rent rolls and ancillary revenue;
• Monitoring and controlling capital asset accounting for leasing transactions, building repairs, and the construction of new projects;
• Completion of full-year estimates and annual operating budgets with the Leasing, Development, Property Management and Asset Management Teams;
• Completion of year-end working paper files for external audit;
• Completion of final recovery billings;
• Cash flow forecasting;
• Accurate and timely completion of all required reports;
• Review of CTI tenant lease abstracts for accuracy and data integrity;
• Participation in an anticipated systems conversion;
• Assisting the Director, Finance GTA with acquisitions and dispositions of assets within the GTA region;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA);
• Post secondary education in Business and Accounting;
• Minimum of 8 years full cycle experience in commercial real estate accounting including final recoveries, year end audits, and lease interpretation;
• Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Knowledge of Realm BUDGET software beneficial, but not required, and;
• Detail oriented; analytical; good problem solving skills;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
• Superior oral and written skills;
• Appreciation and willingness to work within a standard set of parameters;
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team framework;
• Energetic, deadline driven and a self starter