Assistant Manager, Real Estate Solutions
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA;
Accounting and Finance ; Other Accounting and Finance Jobs, Project Management and Business Analysis ; Other Project Management and Business Analysis Jobs, Project Management and Business Analysis ; Business Analysis
Insurance, Real Estate and Property Management, Accounting and Auditing Services
Job Career Level:
Jan 18, 2013
This position is focused on Business Process Improvement initiatives impacting the core systems for GWL Realty Advisors (GWLRA) and its subsidiary Vertica Resident Services. GWLRA and Vertica have several application environments supporting a diverse range of business functions including Finance, Asset Management, Leasing, Property Management, Portfolio Management and Corporate Services. This role will work extensively with business teams, GWL Information Services and/or external vendors to deliver improvements to current application processes.
Team Lead for initiatives involving business applications used by GWLRA and Vertica Resident Services. Initiatives will include:
- Introduction of system enhancements and upgrades required to keep our many application environments current. These environments include:
- Yardi CTI-Commercial Accounting;
- Yardi Voyager-Residential Accounting;
- GWLRA Intranet and Document Management System (MS - Sharepoint);
- Argus Property Budget/Asset Management – Commercial Budgeting and Forecasting;
- Argus Lease – Lease Workflow;
- Yardi Insight (SAP Business Objects) – Data Warehouse Reporting
- Development of business processes and reporting in response to regulatory changes
- Delivery of new information extracts to fulfill requests from GWLRA senior management and/or external clients.
As a team lead, the role will be responsible for:
- Working with major stakeholders to identify key objectives and deliverables
- Compilation and documentation of key information to support decision making
- Tracking progress of team members
- Contribute analytical skills to support the progress of each business initiative
- Coordination of business efforts with the GWL Information Services project team and/or external vendors
- Ensure high quality results through the planning, implementation, and execution of effective test strategies
This role supports the daily operations of GWLRA, Real Estate Business Solutions. Responsibilities in this area include:
- Completion of ad hoc information requests for senior management and external clients
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in our current applications and processes
- Analyzing system issues and interacting with external vendors and GWL Information Services to resolve them
- Development of procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of information within GWLRA/Vertica business applications
- Establish on-going training initiatives including the development of procedures and guides for GWLRA and Vertica staff
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Post secondary education in a specialized area such as Accounting/Finance or Systems.
· Strong analytical skills including experience with Business Process Improvement initiatives · Self-motivated and able to direct others · Ability to meet deadlines, managing multiple priorities · Strong organizational skills · Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access) · Innovative and able to generate new ideas · Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
Apply by Monday, January 28th.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.