Title: real estate analyst, investments
Location: TORONTO, ON
Closing Date: March 8, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.9 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Vice President, Investments, this successful candidate will fill the full time role of Real Estate Analyst, Investments. The primary objective of this position is to provide support for all investment related activities undertaken by the company. This position will work closely with both the Asset Management and Portfolio Management groups to achieve client objectives and implement strategies. The position will assist in conducting market research and analysis, completing property valuation analyses for a variety of real estate investment opportunities and will oversee and complete key aspects of the due diligence process. This individual will be critical in ensuring the company’s Investment Policies and Procedures are strictly adhered to.
• Provide analysis and support to the Investments team through the evaluation, qualitative and quantitative, of potential acquisitions and dispositions
• Assemble and coordinate all materials required for investment transactions including: developing financial models; maintaining property files in respect of financial valuations and property information; and reviewing, assessing and incorporating existing debt matters
• Assist in coordinating and engaging 3rd party consultants for acquisitions, reviewing reports from the same and incorporating findings from the reports within the team’s underwriting
• Undertaking market surveys to support modeling assumptions and support of valuation models
• Assist in the due diligence reviews and closing procedures of all investment related transactions
• Work with Portfolio and Asset Management where required to assist in the periodic valuation of several portfolios for annual budgeting process and application of asset management strategies
• Create and maintain a comprehensive database of market transaction details so they are readily available for review and consideration for the team’s initiatives
• Undertake research projects as needed to support acquisition strategies
• Contribute to the group’s efforts of sourcing new investment opportunities for clients by developing relationships with industry participants and promoting the company to external contacts
• Produce and publish various documents in accordance with the company’s Investment Policies and Procedures and ensure all requirements relating to the policies are being strictly adhered to
• Assist with the preparation of Investment Committee, Client Investment summaries and Board submissions
• Post secondary degree in related field; preference will be given to Economics or Finance
• MBA designation or professional designation such as CA, CFA, CCIM, or working towards will be highly valued
• Specialization in real estate is considered an asset
• Up to 5 years of relevant experience in the commercial real estate industry
• Advanced to expert proficiency various Microsoft applications; experience with Argus and Dyna will be considered an asset
• Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
• Understanding of corporate investment rationale while being able to work with a diverse group of internal and external clients
• Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast pace environment
• Understanding of fundamental real estate and financial principles
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Effective within a team environment while also able to work independently, incorporating effective strategies for accomplishing primary responsibilities
• Real Estate license is considered an asset