Title: Assistant Project Manager, construction services, 18 month contract
Location: TORONTO, ONTARIO
Closing Date: February 28, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.4 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Manager, Construction Services, the successful candidate will fill the temporary full-time position of Assistant Project Manager at Commerce Court in Toronto, ON. This position will last approximately eighteen months (18) in length. The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee a variety of associated complex administrative, fiscal and project management activities, which require intermediate knowledge and skills such as budget administration and cost control, contract administration, record keeping and database management.
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and cost controls in the underwriting for the project.
• Reconciliation of financial reports and contractor statements to ensure accuracy monthly.
• Assist Manager with annual budgets and quarterly FYE records including project total year over year, and YTD ready for the Director's forecast projections.
• Preparation of monthly cost controls reports and such other reports in a timely manner to permit the Director/Manager to make monthly updates and projections prior to distribution.
• Manage capital and tenant improvement projects as required.
• Ensure Landlord requirements are maintained.
• Project completion, turnover, budget reconciliation, and closeout.
• Supervision of construction performed by tenant, including review of design documentation and attending site meeting.
• Assist the manager and project manager with any duties/responsibilities as they arise, with respect to activities, reports and notifications to ensure projects are managed in a professional manner.
• Communicate as necessary with Tenant’s and teams to ensure project securities, permits and other necessary documentation is released, inspected and subsequently issued or obtained.
• Communication with contractors and consultants to issue clarifications as instructed by the project managers.
• Manage small to medium sized construction contracts as requested and co-ordinate repair/deficiency call-backs to ensure completion of project deficiency lists.
• Preparation of MS Project Schedules for construction projects as necessary.
• Assist the manager with contract administration through preparation and monitoring of contract summaries.
• Perform follow-up processes with Tenant’s/suppliers/contractors to ensure project schedules are maintained.
• Assist construction personnel in preparing presentation materials in both electronic and hard copy format for RFQ/RFP or tender submissions, and client presentations.
• Maintain an accurate hard copy and electronic filing system compatible with the construction industry standards.
• Other responsibilities as delegated by manager.
• Minimum of five years project management or similar experience of major office improvement projects (>$3M).
• University degree or professional designation (i.e. P. Eng., B. Arch., PMP, FMA) or equivalent experience.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (including MS Project) and MS Outlook.
• Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple priorities with strict deadlines.
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions and judgments.
• Strong communication skills to work effectively in a team environment.
• Positive attitude with a commitment to customer service excellence.