Title: Asset Management Analyst - Multi-Residential
Location: TORONTO, ONTARIO
Closing Date: February 28, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.4 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Asset Management Analyst, Multi-Residential at our 200 University Avenue location in Toronto, ON. The primary function of this position is to provide accurate financial analysis data which will aid the multi-residential asset management team in various real estate decisions including acquisitions, dispositions, development, appraisals and asset management for our clients.
• Work closely with the Asset Management team to implement yearly budgets and strategic business plans to maximize the value of our multi-residential real estate assets.
• Prepare and maintain cash flow models for internal property valuations.
• Liaise with third party appraisers and assist in the external valuation process.
• Provide support to the acquisitions group during the due diligence process with respect to multi-residential assets being purchased.
• Keep up to speed with market trends and prepare market reports and research papers for internal and external distributions.
• Take part in various special projects relating to portfolio analysis, cost management, revenue enhancement, or marketing.
• Represent GWL Realty Advisors at various industry functions.
• University degree, preferably Business Administration or Finance.
• Minimum one year experience in real estate, multi-residential sector an asset.
• Superior computer modeling and analytical skills with a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships internally as well as with clients and third party service providers.
• Ability to multitask while working under tight deadline parameters.
• Ability to conduct highly detailed reviews of financial and contractual information provided by third parties and to identify deficiencies, errors, misrepresentations and potential liabilities.
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to analyze complex financial problems and to provide solutions or recommendations.
All interested individuals are invited to forward their resume via email to email@example.com