This role’s objective is to lead product development, marketing and relationship development opportunities to help grow the Great-West Group Insurance Division block of business. Strong relationships with distribution partners and advisors are required to anticipate marketplace needs and to respond appropriately. Additionally, the ability to meet changing demands and work on multiple tasks will be required.
· Ensuring a strong product and financial voice for Group business is brought to Head Office on behalf of Group Sales offices across Canada.
· Gathering and positioning of competitor information.
· Gathering ideas and supporting rationale for new products, services & initiatives that Marketing should undertake.
· Maintaining and growing the Group specific marketing vehicles and work towards ensuring marketing is consistent with the Group Sales office model employed by other lines of business.
· Training and support for all Group Office sales and service teams in Canada.
Periodic travel to Group Sales offices in major centres across Canada.
Presentations to Financial advisors.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Minimum of 4 years business related experience
· Ability to work in both a team & individual environment.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including ability to present in front of small & large audiences.
· Experience in using PowerPoint, Outlook, Word & Excel.
· Ability to understand the need for change and respond to change in a positive manner.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and interruptions.
· Working knowledge of social media communication and other new media channels an asset.
· Business to business sales & marketing experience is a definite asset.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume before February 22, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.