Title: Project administrator - corporate environmental OH&S services
Location: TORONTO, ON
Closing Date: February 28, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.9 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Environmental OH&S Services, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Project Administrator at 330 University Ave, Toronto. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide support for members of the Corporate Environmental OH&S Services Team in order for the team to perform better as a whole. The primary duty of this position is to ensure the project administration, corporate administration and accounting aspects of the team’s day to day operations are managed so that others on the team can fulfill their Corporate and technical roles. This role has national reach and is an important part of the successful day to day operations of the Team.
• Prepare MSAs for newly approved environmental consultants, as required.
• Receive and file annual deliverables required under MSAs.
• Prepare PSAs for all environmental consultant engagements: receive proposals with required approvals, prepare PSAs and distribute for signatures, file and record final executed PSAs and distribute electronic copies, as appropriate.
• Maintain an accurate tracking system for all PSAs.
• Maintain a comprehensive record keeping system (electronic and hard copy) as necessary to ensure accurate project report filing.
• Assist in the preparation of consolidated records transfer to Property Management at the conclusion of each project to ensure complete project close-out documents are provided.
• Liaise with other GWLRA departments (Property Management, Leasing, Asset Management etc.) to collect / provide environmental information as required.
• Maintain complete list of assets and associated contacts.
• Maintain accurate archive files records.
• Other duties as assigned (i.e. special projects, tracking of environmental insurance renewal process, etc.).
• Maintain a comprehensive record keeping system (electronic and hard copy).
• Maintain employee training attendance records.
• Liaise with other GWLRA departments as required.
• Maintain accurate archive files records.
• Administer Corporate Quarterly Compliance Reporting process.
• Assist in preparation of various quarterly and annual reports for internal and client use, as required.
• Maintain records of Corporate Environmental and OH&S Steering Committees.
• Coordinate quarterly committee meetings.
• Assist in preparing agenda and deliverables prior to each meeting for distribution.
• Record committee meeting minutes.
• Schedule appointments, arrange meetings and book travel arrangements.
• Screen incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail and couriers.
• Prepare license, insurance and seminar submissions.
• Provide administrative support for Corporate Environmental OH&S Services Team.
• Other duties as assigned (i.e. assisting in coordinating training activities, eStorage and eCommunity initiatives, etc.).
• Review, reconcile with project specific agreements, follow up with consultants for corrections as necessary, record, prepare for sign-off by Director, Corporate Environmental OH&S Services and forward to appropriate GWLRA individual for payment.
• Receive and follow up on outstanding invoice notifications.
• Assist in the preparation of annual environmental expense reports for internal and client purposes.
• Liaise with Asset and Property Managers, Project Managers, Development, Investments and others, as necessary, to track all asset environmental expenses.
• Other environmental financial reporting, as required.
• Review and code corporate accounts payable invoices to appropriate budget categories, prepare for sign-off by Director, Corporate Environmental OH&S Services and forward to accounts payable for processing.
• Maintain budget tracking spreadsheet.
• Assist in preparing and process departmental expense reports, including cheque requisitions.
• Contact service providers to request budget assumptions, as required.
• Assist with preparation of national property budget assumptions tables for environmental and occupational health & safety budget assumptions.
• Other duties as assigned (i.e. special projects, tracking of due diligence environmental costs on proposed acquisitions, etc.).
• Post-secondary degree or equivalent; specialization in Environmental and/or OH&S project administration / management is an asset
• Minimum two (2) years administrative experience; experience in a Health and Safety environment an asset
• Ability to work under tight timelines and to highest standards for client reporting
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Advanced Computer skills (incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet)
• Excellent communications skills (both written and oral)
• Financial Skills (financial tracking and reporting)
• Problem solving & decision making
• Managing change / Teamwork / Leadership