Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
Location: CALGARY, AB
Closing Date: February 28, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.9 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, Prairie Region the successful candidate will fill the permanent part-time position of Administrative Assistant. This part-time role is anticipated to be no more than four (4) hours each work day. The position will be based at Western Canadian Place located at 2700, 700 - 9th Avenue SW in Calgary, Alberta.
• Providing administrative assistance to the Prairie Region Accounting & Finance Team
o Making travel arrangements
o Preparing expense reimbursement statements
o Assisting with preparation and delivery of correspondence, as required;
• Maintaining the electronic and paper filing systems
o Filing accounts payable invoices and tenant abstracts
o Scanning documents
o Creating upcoming year accounts payable file folders
o Managing off-site file storage and facilitating file transfers;
• Co-ordination of Budget cycle documentation filing including
o Rolling forward prior year budget binder for current year
o Scanning approved future year budget binder for posting on internal social media site;
• Coding departmental invoices;
• Assisting with property acquisition and disposition process;
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Previous office experience;
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite;
• Strong organizational skills; Managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
• Detail oriented; analytical; good problem solving
• Appreciation and willingness to work within a standard set of parameters;
• Strong oral and written skills;
• Able to work both independently as well as with a team framework;
• Professional and service oriented.