As a Human Resources Consultant you will utilize your generalist expertise to provide support to your client base within the organization. As the primary contact for business leaders and employees within our Information Services department, you will perform a lead role in recruitment, selection and retention activities, as well as provide guidance on policy, procedures and best practices in relation to a wide variety of human resource topics.
Perform a lead role in recruitment, selection and retention activities. This includes:
· Working directly with business partners in our Information Services department to understand current and future recruiting efforts.
· Identifying qualified candidates through a number of creative and proactive recruitment outlets (i.e. social media (Linked In), networking groups, job boards etc.)
· Evaluate candidates by reviewing resumes and conducting phone screens and in-depth phone or face-to-face interviews
· Manage candidates by presenting opportunities, following up with additional information, presenting offers to finalist candidates, conducting reference checks, releasing the remaining shortlist while maintaining ongoing relationships.
· Analyze recruiting efforts to determine their effectiveness.
· Making presentations to potential applicants at career expos, job fairs, and other venues.
Provide support and expertise on Human Resource practices and policies related to talent management, employee relations and performance management issues. This includes:
· Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable employment standards and legislation.
· Provide advice and support to leaders and employees while maintaining positive employee relations.
· Provide employee relations advice and guidance to leaders as required including performance management, performance improvement plans and exit interviews
· Consults in the administration and implementation of HR practices, policies and procedures.
· Guide and support managers in the annual salary and promotion review process.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Post secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience which could include a certificate in Human Resources Management.
· Proven ability to recruit outstanding candidates in a variety of roles. Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience in technical recruiting with expertise recruiting for all positions related to Information Technology.
· Three to five years experience as a Human Resource Generalist with practical experience in human resource legislation, employee relations and compensation.
· Demonstrated experience coaching leaders and employees on employment related issues.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight timeframes.
· Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word software.
· Knowledge of SAP would be an asset.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Apply with cover letter and resume by March 25, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted