Title: ASSET MANAGER – MULTI REsidential
Location: TORONTO, ONTARIO
Closing Date: April 26, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.9 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Vice President, Asset Management, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Asset Manager, Multi-Residential located in downtown Toronto, ON. The primary responsibility of the Asset Manager is to develop and implement an investment strategy including the on-going analysis and management of multi-residential investments.
• Direct asset management responsibilities for a multi-residential portfolio located across Canada
• Prepare cash flow and underwriting analysis of value-creation opportunities, and complete presentation materials summarizing results
• Develop and implement annual budgets and business plans to maximize the value of the assigned portfolio including hold/sell recommendations
• Prepare internal property valuations for the assigned portfolio and interact with third party appraisers
• Prepare asset management reports in a timely fashion as required, assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures internal and client reporting
• Foster and maintain strong positive relationships with the brokerage, appraisal and overall real estate community
• Provide leadership and direction across departments - property management, technical services, etc
• Work closely and in collaboration with property management teams
• Anticipate future market conditions in decision-making related to income and capital management
• Effectively manage risk (i.e. title, legal, environmental, indemnities, tenant covenant, etc.)
• Assist in identifying and underwriting growth opportunities (i.e. new developments and acquisitions)
• University degree preferably in business related
• Minimum of three (3) years of real estate experience
• A strong background in Real Estate valuation and/or management
• Intermediate to expert level of Excel required
• Some travel across Canada required
• Ability to conduct highly detailed reviews of financial and contractual information identifying key issues and providing accurate, reliable summaries
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to analyze complex financial, legal and contractual problems and to provide solutions or recommendations
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including negotiation and persuasion; at ease with formal and informal presentations
• Ability to understand real estate values, including DCF models and the appraisal processes
• Strong computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in spreadsheet applications
• Be able to multi-task while working under pressure and tight deadline parameters
• Team player with an understanding of group dynamics, track record of proactively completing tasks