Title: Senior Portfolio Analyst
Location: CALGARY, AB
Closing Date: April 12, 2013
Are you a dynamic person who is challenged by a growing market? We have exciting opportunities that will allow you to grow your career as we grow our business!
GWL Realty Advisors is a leading Canadian real estate investment advisor providing comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services to pension funds and institutional clients. With assets under management in North America of $14.9 billion, GWL Realty Advisors seeks to deliver strong returns for its investors.
With in-depth local expertise in major Canadian markets, GWL Realty Advisors is the trusted partner for real estate advice and services. A strong experienced fiduciary, the company’s mission is to delivers stable, long-term returns for its clients.
GWL Realty Advisors is committed to investing in our employees. We provide a high-performance culture that fosters innovation and rewards contribution.
GWL Realty Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Great-West Life Assurance Company. For further information, visit our website at www.gwlra.com
Thank you for your interest in joining the GWL Realty Advisors team. Successful candidates whose skills and interests fit the opportunity will be contacted.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Portfolio Management and the Director, Portfolio Management, the primary function of this position is to contribute to the day-to-day management, direction, strategy and analysis of a third-party client’s national real estate portfolio.
• Support the portfolio management team on a wide variety of portfolio initiatives including research, reporting, investments, developments and general management
• Manage quarterly appraisal process with regional asset management teams; analyze and present overall market value trends by region and asset class
• Coordinate portfolio reporting critical to client requirements which include annual meetings, performance trends, strategy sessions, quarterly reports and business plans
• Complete ad-hoc financial modeling on portfolio returns, attribution studies, sensitivity analysis, operating budgets and leasing activity to support decisions
• Amalgamate and review cash flow and valuation models for portfolio budgets, go-forward cash flow projections, allocation studies, etc
• Work with research department to write and present analysis on regional market trends, valuation parameters, macro-economic influences and debt and equity markets
• Work closely with other business teams to facilitate client approvals and engagement. These may include leasing, property management, accounting, asset management, development and investment teams
• Review and complete approval documentation for lease deals, building capital, acquisitions, dispositions, developments and contract negotiation
• Play an integral role in preparing presentations and investment summaries
• Other duties as required
• Outstanding written and oral communication abilities
• University degree with good academic transcripts
• Flexibility to add value across multiple disciplines including accounting, finance and legal
• Flexibility to work within all asset classes
• Knowledge of financial and real estate markets
• Strong valuation and appraisal skills
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills (financial and data analysis)
• Ability to interpret problems and situations and determine the most effective solution
• High technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word software
• Ability to work in fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to effectively prioritize a number of projects simultaneously/ highly developed organizational skills
• Positive approach to work responsibilities/keen to learn
• Must be able to work effectively independently and in a team-oriented environment
• Strong work ethic with a commitment to detail and accuracy
• A selfless, can-do attitude—no project is too big or too small
All interested individuals may forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org