The Server Support Technical Specialist (Web) will provide support for Unix and Intel based web environments, performing second level support and acting as a resource for technical infrastructure projects.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline (computer science) or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within IT environment
- Significant experience with system products such as Websphere Application Server and Portal Server, Microsoft IIS, IBM IHS, Tomcat, proxy servers, and LDAP
- Familiarity with UNIX, Linux, Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience with IBM TIM and TAM product suite
- Knowledge of system management tools
- Knowledge of security management principles
- Strong networking skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity. Apply with cover letter and resume before April 2, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.