DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
Montreal, QC, CANADA;
Human Resources and Recruitment ; Human Resources Generalists, Human Resources and Recruitment ; Employee Relations
Insurance, Financial Services and Banking
Job Career Level:
Apr 10, 2013
|We are seeking an experienced professional to join our Human Resources Team based in Montreal.
The incumbent is expected to develop a deep understanding of the organization’s internal business units at a strategic and operational level and provide strategic advice and actions to support the division achieving its goals and contributing to the longer term strategy of the organization. You will also be expected to build strong relationships with the senior business leaders to help them understand and optimize the value-add of HR to enable their strategy.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Director is responsible for the provision of human resource services in the following areas:
- Provide active coaching and mentorship to a team of Human Resource Generalist, Recruiters, and Administrators located in Montreal and Toronto
- Lead managerial, professional and technical recruitment and selection
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on employee relations, performance management, employment legislation issues and human resources policy and procedures to leaders and managers
- Link human resource strategies with the overall goals of specified business partners
- Provide subject matter expertise on people plans and change management strategies that enable effective business implementation
Support the business unit at corporate level talent and succession discussions, act as a liaison for the business unit (both ways) in cross divisional initiatives and support culture and change readiness within the business unit
The successful candidate will have:
- A post secondary education in a related field
- 7+ years of senior human resources practical and leadership experience
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and high aptitude for responding on a range of Human Resource topics to a variety of audiences, along with superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in French and English (written and verbal)
- Consulting skills with the ability to build relationships and influence business leaders related to people and business strategies
- Demonstrated abilities to effectively balance multiple changing priorities in a fast paced, complex and challenging environment
- Solid working knowledge of employment legislation and practices for provinces of Quebec, Ontario and the Maritimes
- Previous leadership experience is required, experience leading a remote team would be considered an asset
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity. . . Apply with cover letter and resume before April 19th, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.