Assistant Property Manager
Ottawa, ON, CANADA;
Customer Service ; Customer Support and Service, Operations ; Operations Management, Sales and Business Development ; Sales Support and Assistance
Hospitality, Real Estate and Property Management, Construction and Trades
Job Career Level:
Experienced , Management
Apr 25, 2013
|ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Property Manager who plays a vital role in the successful operation of a residential building and is responsible for the overall performance of the property and the daily performance of staff.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team in Ottawa.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns.
- Maintain an overall focus on enhancing the customer experience.
Management and Administration:
- Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budgetary and operational expectations.
- Maintain occupancy and rental income levels which comply with budgeted expectations.
- Be responsible and accountable for the supervision and activities of all site staff.
- Complete rent collection, striving for zero arrears each month.
- Complete incoming and outgoing suite inspections and document as required.
- Encourage appointments or viewings with all prospective resident callers or walk-ins.
- Conduct viewings of the property and suites with prospective residents.
- Complete background checks, order credit checks, complete and execute the signing of all leases, schedules, assignments, and addendum forms.
- Ensure maintenance repairs are completed on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction and safety (within 24 – 48 hours).
- Coordinate month-end duties and responsibilities, including suite pre-inspection, and scheduling of contractors and staff for turnover of suites with the assistance of a Maintenance Manager.
- Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budgetary and operational expenses.
- Supervise staff, service providers and contractors and oversee the quality of work performed.
- Ensure effective communication with resident, consistent with expectations of the RTA, when any capital projects are undertaken.
Administration and Reporting:
- Perform and document monthly site and vacant suite inspections.
- Complete any reporting consistent with requirements of the property management contract.
- Perform and document monthly site and vacant suite inspections, routinely follow-up to ensure all deficient items identified are addresses in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience at a managerial level with a minimum of 3 or more direct reports.
- Completion of (or working towards) Property Management Designation.
- Resident Property Management is required.
- Post secondary education preferred
- Yardi experience and asset.
- Strong command of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery
- Ability to resolve resident issues in a timely and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent customer service, organization and communication skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work flexible hours
All interested individuals are invited to forward their resume to Natalie Infantino via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 416-552-6111, with Assistant Property Manager - Ottawa as the subject of your email.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.