Are you looking for an opportunity to put your leadership skills to work? Are you a “Big Picture” person? Do you have what it takes to load a technical team in the challenging field of Information Security? Can you see yourself as a Trusted Advisor working collaboratively and pragmatically with the key leaders across the Enterprise to meet the diverse information security related needs of the organization? If so, the Shared Enterprise Services (SES) division of Great-West Life has just the opportunity for you!
SES is seeking an entrepreneurial individual with strong technical and leadership skills to join the Technology Solution Centre (TSC) - Operational Support & Security Technologies (OSST) team. OSST provides architectural, design, implementation, advisory, and support services across all participating companies for operational support and information security related systems.
This opportunity will be of particular interest to candidates who possess a strong desire to further develop their leadership and technical skills.
The Enterprise Information Security Architect (EISA) is the Information Security Architecture and Design authority providing guidance to all business divisions in all participating companies, Canada & Europe for the design of business solutions that meet information security and compliance mandates. The EISA partners with stakeholders across the organization to securely achieve the functional requirements of business initiatives. The EISA is the senior technical authority on information security architecture within the enterprise.
The rapidly changing field of Information Security demands that organizations be forward-looking and responsive to the changing demands of developing and maintaining a Defense-In-Depth posture that ensures the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of the company’s data.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an innovative and motivated person to prove and improve their technical and leadership skills while being a critical part of building an exciting new team.
The successful candidate will be accountable to:
· Provide expert consulting and guidance to the Enterprise (IS and all business divisions in all participating companies, Canada & Europe) for Information Security aspects of the Systems Architecture. · Participate in solution architecture design for information security related initiatives and assist with the integration and implementation of secure solutions in support of business requirements. · Ensure solutions are designed in a manner consistent with enterprise standards and regulatory requirements. · Review existing technology strategies, roadmaps, and architecture, to identify design gaps and recommend security enhancements. · Provide a framework of “Good Practices” for implementing technology securely in the Enterprise, based on a balanced understanding of Information Security Standards and Business Requirements. · Ensure alignment with the Enterprise Information Security Roadmap prepared by the Information Security Office. · Provide education regarding information security architecture vision and frameworks to key specialists across the enterprise. · Tailor custom frameworks for each business division as each division has its’ own unique set of priorities and risk tolerances. · Provide mentorship and advice to the architects and specialists on the team to ensure quality in all aspects of system architecture and design. · Understand current as well as emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate threats where possible.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience with minimum 5 years in Information Security space.
- Education at the bachelor level in Computer Science or equivalent technology related experience AND one or more industry recognized information security professional designations (e.g.: CISSP, CISM, GIAC (multiple)).
- Must apply highly analytical and diverse techniques and methods involving both factual and hypothetical information, to resolve a variety of very complex situations or problems. Sometimes guidelines do not exist or are not appropriated.
- Able to develop new techniques and approaches in response to changing requirements and threat landscape.
- Strong desire to implement change and make a contribution to the organization.
- Proven history of effective decision making.
- Ability to structure work assignments required to get to desired outcomes.
- Experience with developing vision and implementing organizational change.
- Ability to lead, mentor and guide a technical team.
- Business acumen and consultative skills with a customer service orientation.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and build consensus in multi functional teams.
- Superior technical skills in Information Security Architecture.
- Some travel will be required, varying depending on the location of the successful candidate.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity. Apply with cover letter and resume before May 10, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.