The primary purpose of this position is to assess the ongoing adequacy of assets to support liabilities for each legal entity. This is done each quarter by projecting liability cashflows opposite asset plus reinvestment cashflows under a variety of potential future interest rate scenarios. The primary deliverables are timely, accurate and clearly communicated surplus results and variance analysis.
A secondary purpose of the position is to analyze and maintain an Economic Scenario Generator (ESG) for stochastic pricing, valuation, and capital needs assessment. The primary deliverables are timely, accurate, compliant, and well-documented stochastic scenarios, on a variety of required bases.
Quarterly Canadian Asset/Liability Method (CALM) Valuation:
- Develop, validate, analyze and communicate future interest rate scenarios.
- Validate and analyze liability cashflows and book values.
- Develop, analyze and communicate Cash Flow Valuation Method (CFVM) report.
ESG Analysis and Maintenance:
- Recalibrate, validate, analyze and communicate stochastic scenarios
(real world and risk-neutral) for multiple economies each quarter
- Assist in project to transition CALM testing (above) to a stochastic basis
- Assist in project to enhance guidance for the hedging of embedded options
Process Enhancements and Developments
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University Degree majoring in finance, statistics, actuarial mathematics, accounting or a similar discipline. Progress toward a professional designation (CFA , accounting, etc.) an attribute but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Proven analytical, problem solving abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Aptitude for PC applications.
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity. . . Apply with cover letter and resume before
May 10, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.