Toronto, ON, CANADA;
Project Management and Business Analysis ; Project Management, Operations ; Contracts Management, Accounting and Finance ; Financial Management and Administration
Construction and Trades, Energy , Oil and Utilities, Real Estate and Property Management
Job Career Level:
May 13, 2013
The objective of Vertica Resident Services is to re-define Residential Property Management in Canada, through the relentless pursuit of superior customer satisfaction, and innovation in marketing, leasing and property operations.|
The Project Administrator will work closely with and support the Director of Technical Services and Sr. Project Manager and will be responsible for the co-ordination of all administrative processes relating to approvals, project tracking, and invoice sign offs, as well as small capital projects for the multi-residential portfolio. The Project Administrator will support the properties and ensure Capital approvals are provided in a timely manner. The Project Administrator must be a team player, have a service-oriented approach and strong work ethic, excellent organizational and communication skills, and a strong background in managing processes and procedures.
Coordination and Administration:
- Assist in Capital projects ensuring that the project is completed on budget and on schedule.
- Generate draft MPSs and Purchase Order requisitions for Capital projects and programs.
- Coordinate MPS approval with Asset Management, track all Capital projects and programs on an ongoing basis, and coordinate the approval of small technical projects with Property Managers and Contractors.
- Ensure all Capital files are complete, including required documentation and detailed record of communication for reference purposes.
- Ensure all Capital projects are accurately tracked and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Comply with all the company’s policies and policies for approvals, purchasing, invoicing.
- Provide answers to low level technical project inquires in timely fashion.
- Maintain up to date records, reports / manual (Documentation) for reference while maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain consultants/contractors contract files, and coordinate daily activities related to project information flows.
- Work with the office management to maintain and keep current list of approved contractors who meet established criteria’s.
- Establish accounts with local suppliers for miscellaneous items purchased for project.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
- Assist preparing bids, tenders, bid summaries, and authorization forms.
- Review Building Condition reports and assist with determining the scope of work required to address issues.
- Assist in preparing and submitting budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports.
- Maintain highest standard at the lowest possible cost in regard to new build-outs and renovation of existing units.
- Constantly reference construction requirements under national and local jurisdictions ensuring those requirements are known and followed.
- Obtain all departmental approvals.
- Assist in obtaining costs for small technical projects, including equipment purchases, new builds and renovations.
Monitoring and Controlling:
- Assist Senior Project Manager/Director – obtaining MPS approval, tracking, preparing Purchase Order Requisitions, obtaining purchase orders, and follow up with service providers.
- Coordinate site meetings with service providers and building staff to review Capital-related repair items.
- Accurately maintain the project status summary and Internal CapEx summary on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor Capital projects assigned by the Director to ensure that procedures, materials and equipment comply with approved project plans, specifications and samples, owner standards and quality.
- Maintain liaison between service provider, Sr. Project Manager/Director, and consultants during construction to resolve field problems, and to maintain project schedule and budget.
- Ensure projects are in compliance with building and safety codes, and other governing regulations.
- Ensure all invoices are correct, accurately tracked, approved and submitted / processed in a timely manner.
- Support budgeting activities for capital projects including spreadsheet standardization.
- Track percentage completion information for projects for accurate accruals.
All interested individuals are invited to forward their resume to Natalie Infantino via e-mail at email@example.com or via fax to 416-552-6111, with Project Administrator as the subject of your email.
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce Degree.
- Ability to resolve issues and follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, organization and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with adaptability to change and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate resourcefulness and solid time management skills with strong initiative, energy and motivation.
- Must be familiar with the management process, with an interest in pursuing a professional designation in management (PMP or PgMP).
- Industry experience in managing processes and procedures is required.
- Technical background in construction is an asset.
- Purchasing experience is an asset.
- Accounting knowledge is an asset.
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Torotno and North York.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.