At Honda of Canada Mfg. we believe in The Power of Dreams and that is why we are on the lookout for bright, energetic, innovative team players.
Our facility is located in Alliston, Ontario, a 45-minute drive north of Toronto, on 750 acres. The first Honda built vehicle built on Canadian soil rolled off the line 26 years ago here at our first manufacturing plant. Today, HCM is one of Honda's premier manufacturing facilities in the world; operating with three plants and approximately 4200 employees. We offer a competitive salary structure, an on-site cafeteria and free access to a state-of the art fitness facility which includes tennis courts, a baseball diamond, fitness classes as well as an NHL sized ice surface.
Working with our Health Services team, you will be responsible for the medical function for a production shift including key responsibilities such as primary care and emergency response for our production operations, maintaining medical records and delivering transitional and return- to-work programs.
This is a continuous Contract position with the expectation of 40 plus hours per week.
The following will be considerations for this position:
· To be considered for this position, you must be a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing in Ontario with a minimum of two years experience in active treatment facility or manufacturing environment.
· Excellent clinical, interpersonal and computer skills.
· Experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment as a primary care nurse or in emergency care and/or as part of emergency response team is desirable.
· Excellent leadership skills
To support our production schedule, the successful candidate must be willing to work rotating shifts (every 2 weeks the shifts change between days and afternoons). Shift times are as follows:
· Day shift: 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
· Afternoon shift: 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. Monday through Thursday and 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. on Fridays. (note: Mon to Thurs 1.5 hours overtime daily and Fri. 0.5 hours overtime)
· Candidates must also be able to support coverage for Production Saturdays where scheduled: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m...
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.