At Honda of Canada Mfg. we believe in The Power of Dreams and that is why we are on the lookout for bright, ambitious, innovative team players with a focus on continuous improvement to join our team. Our facility is located in Alliston, Ontario, a 45 minute drive north of Toronto and 25 minutes south of Barrie, employing 4,200 Associates. HCM began production in 1986 leading the way as the first Japanese automobile manufacturer to establish an auto production facility in Canada. Today, HCM is one of Honda's premier vehicle manufacturing facilities in the world. We offer a competitive salary structure, an on-site cafeteria and free access to an onsite fitness facility.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Maintenance Electrician.
The responsibilities of this position will include the following:
• Perform daily checks and preventative maintenance activities on equipment as required.
• Troubleshoot & repair equipment breakdowns in all zones as required.
• Update and maintain documentation and manuals pertaining to zone equipment.
• Develop and improve preventative maintenance activities in zone.
• Supervise and coordinate contractors during equipment modifications and installations.
• Develop and implement equipment improvements to improve equipment efficiency.
• Work closely with production T/L’s to address daily equipment concerns.
• Complete reports documenting root cause and perform c/m’s for equipment downtime.
• Create/modify electrical schematics using AutoCAD.
• Assist in development and confirm equipment spec.’s for new equipment installs
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
· Licensed Electrician
· Automation equipment experience (HMI, PLC, Robot, Weld systems, AC Drives, Servo drives and Controllers, Conveyor systems, Safety scanners and Hardwire troubleshooting experience)
· Post secondary education (Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics, Manufacturing Technology) or equivalent
· Willing to travel as per job requirements
· Willing to work overtime
· Willing to work scheduled shutdowns as required
· Willing to work a three shift rotation
· Willing to modify work hours and shift work days for weekend work when required.
Skills in the following areas would also be an asset for this position:
· Strong analytical and reporting skills
· Project leader and management experience
· Ability to analyze equipment down time, determine rood cause & recommend countermeasures
· Machine safe guarding standards knowledge
· Mitsubishi/OMRON PLCs, Safety PLC systems
· Hands on approach to working on and troubleshooting equipment processes and modifications
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong independent and self starter skills
· Robots and robot teaching
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.