HCDC Operations/Export Coordinator
Alliston, ON, CANADA; Newmarket, ON, CANADA; Richmond Hill, ON, CANADA; Barrie, ON, CANADA;
Supply Chain and Logistics ; Import and Export Administration, Supply Chain and Logistics ; Other Supply Chain and Logistics Jobs
Automotive - Manufacturing and Parts
Job Career Level:
Year(s) of Experience:
Number Of Positions:
Feb 22, 2013
HCDC OPERATIONS/EXPORT COORDINATOR|
LOCATION: HCDC – Alliston, ON JOB GRADE: Specialist
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Logistics
• Act as primary Honda Canada Liaison at Honda Canada Distribution Centre (HCDC) between HCM, Processor and Transport companies.
• Oversee overall Distribution Centre operations and lead processor to ensure targets are met.
• Work closely with AH to ensure efficient movement of units from the time of manufacture to final disposition. Provide all requested data, information and knowledge within specified timelines.
• Effectively manage relationship with CP rail to ensure sufficient railcar supply on a daily/weekly and monthly basis. Ensure plans are executed and develop recovery strategies when necessary.
• Prepare and distribute daily/weekly/monthly management reporting accurately and on-time. Develop ad hoc reports to support any inquiry.
• Communicate daily with HCM, discussing production schedules, shipping forecast and inventory levels. Play an active role managing yard holds and ensuring minimum impact to shipping.
• Work closely with ISD to improve daily operations and resolve any issues in a timely matter.
• Perform monthly facility and processor audits, and coordinate corrective action or facility repairs when needed.
• Subject matter expert who can understand and explain all HCDC operations. Ensure up to date documentation for all policies and procedures relating to product movement from factory to destination.
• Daily/Monthly/Quarterly balancing of shipping and receiving. Maintain export Niguri.
• Yard physical inventory on annual basis
• Audit and prepare monthly invoice payment to processor
• Constantly strive to improve and streamline day to day operations and minimize costs to CH.
• Undertake special projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
• Post Secondary education: strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Solid communication skills - verbal and written
• Experience in Logistics/Traffic is an asset
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills to deal with both colleagues and external contacts. Ability to function in a team environment.
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities and tight deadlines
• Skilled at negotiating and resolving conflict
• Ability to prepare and analyze statistical reports
• Self motivated with good planning and organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues and key service providers
• Ability to work overtime and weekends occasionally.