Halifax, NS, CANADA;
Customer Service ; Customer Support and Service
Government and Public Sector
Job Career Level:
Year(s) of Experience:
Number Of Positions:
Jan 10, 2013
Job Posting Date: January 10 2013
Community & Recreation Services
Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applicants for the permanent position of Ticket Reviewer with Community & Recreation Services. Reporting to the Field Operations Supervisor, the Ticket Reviewer (‘TR’) is responsible to address customer complaints and inquiries. The Ticket Reviewer will deal with customers by phone, e-mail or regular mail following a structured adjudication process. The Ticket Reviewer is also responsible for the effective processing of parking ticket payments received through mail, bank services, external collection service providers, by phone and Customer Service Centre, customers using the parking ticket payment module and linked sub-systems. The Ticket Reviewer may also be required to provide clerical support and back up to other sections.
Work location for this position is 7 Mellor Ave, Dartmouth, N.S.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides adjudication and customer service to customers following established guidelines.
- Adjudication of parking tickets may include accepting, researching, responding or forwarding complaints and/or inquiries on to appropriate parties. It also includes dealing with payment problems, correcting errors and searching of required information; also it could involve using the Registry of Motor Vehicles database and programs such as JEINS, GIS, Hansen and PTMS.
- Interacts and deals constantly with customers in a confrontational environment.
- Retrieves and processes electronic customer service requests within established service standards.
- Assists in the processing of mail and depository ticket payments received through drop off box locations, through general mail, electronic payment systems and other sub-systems feeding the Parking Payment module.
- Provides support as required in processing court documents and or/arraignment hearings.
- Answers all correspondence from external e-mail clients.
- Coordinates and oversees the work of process meter complaints.
Education & Experience
Technical/Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities
- High School diploma plus one (1) year course in business administration.
- Two years’ experience in a payment processing customer service environment.
- Excellent data entry skills
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service in a confrontational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and oral formats.
- Demonstrated ability and experience handling high volumes of payments.
- General knowledge of Motor Vehicle Act and HRM Parking Metre By-law is considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working in team environment and assisting and receiving assistance from other team members to complete assignment priorities as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with window based software (i.e.: Microsoft Suite, database and other software).
- Good keyboarding skills
Achievement Motivation; Communication; Customer Service; Initiative; Organization and Planning; Stress Management; Teamwork and Cooperation; Valuing Diversity
- Testing may be conducted to assess Technical/Job Specific Knowledge
- Candidates being considered for the position of Ticket Reviewer must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check
SALARY: $20.43 per hour as per NSUPE, Local 13 Collective Agreement, Level 3 (employees may be compensated at 90% of this rate for the probationary period).
HOURS OF WORK: regular business day between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Overtime may be required to meet operational demands
Closing Date: applications will be received up to midnight January 21, 2013.
As an Employment Equity employer, the Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking to increase the representation of qualified racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Once you have submitted your resume, an on line questionnaire will appear on screen and must be completed in order for you to be considered for this position.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment.
position # 72285973