Agenda and Council Coordinator
Halifax, NS, CANADA;
Administrative and Clerical ; Admin Assistance and Coordination
Government and Public Sector
Job Career Level:
Year(s) of Experience:
Number Of Positions:
Jan 17, 2013
Job Posting Date: January 17, 2013
AGENDA AND COUNCIL COORDINATOR
Office of the Municipal Clerk
Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applications for the permanent position of Agenda and Council Coordinator with the Office of the Municipal Clerk.
Reporting to the Municipal Clerk, the Agenda & Council Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and delivering the services required to support Council including; ensuring the preparation, coordination and distribution of the Council agenda and Community Council agendas & reports and preparation and maintenance of the Integrated Council agenda (Council, Community Councils & Standing Committee) calendar and status sheets.
The position is also responsible for the coordination, management and oversight of the logistical and technical services that support the meetings of Council, Community Council, Boards & Committees including but not exclusive to broadcasting/web casting, voting systems, audio systems, presentation management & meeting logistics.
Critical to the successful support of Council is the ongoing coordination, liaison and, follow up with EMT and Business units and the general public in regard to the agenda, meetings, and request and actions come to and arising from meetings of Regional Council.
Utilizing effective leadership, customer service and management skills, the Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating and overseeing projects within the office of the Municipal Clerk and in fostering and maintaining productive relationships with citizens, internal departments and Regional Council on behalf of the Office of the Municipal Clerk.
The work location is at City Hall, Halifax.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with internal stakeholders across all business units to ensure the agenda of Council, Community Councils and Standing committees is coordinates to enable the efficient and effective use of Council’s time and HRM’s resources
• Facilities the flow of information to the EMT, the Mayor and Municipal Clerk to ensure the Council agenda is vetted, approved, circulated and revised as required to appropriately conduct the business of Council
• Works directly with offices of EMT and Business Unit staff to ensure that reports, presentations, and all items related to the Council agenda are available to Council in a timely, accurate and professional manner and in compliance with legislation
• Provides advice on the administrative and legislative services of Council and expertise to the business unit and staff.
• Responsible for the quality control of all materials presented to Council through the Council agenda process.
• Ensures the timely and accurate maintenance of the Council, Community Council and Standing Committee Report Status sheets to ensure that the reports accurately reflect the status of reports as a corporate performance tool.
• Coordinates and manages the 3rd party service providers who deliver services related to Regional Council (East Link TV, ASL signers, Couriers, Aliant, and Backman Vidcom etc.)
• Liaises with internal technical services to ensure that the Council chambers technology and meeting management systems (remote) are operational and meeting the needs of the office of the Municipal Clerk and Council.
Corporate Liaison & Customer Service
• Communicates, persuades and negotiates horizontally and vertically within the business unit and within the corporation;
• Develops and utilizes effective communication and reporting documents ensuring stakeholders and staff are well informed;
• Assists members of the public in accessing Council information and in understanding and accessing processes related to Council, and the governance and administration of HRM’s legislative services
• Provides advice, coordinates and upon occasion directly delivers training related to Council proceedings, Council orientation and governance (internal/external/staff and new Councillors)
• Assists the Clerk in annually develops the business plan for the Business Unit in support of the long-term goals and outcomes of HRM; coordinates budget for the Business Unit;
• Assists the Clerk in the development of a common vision; provision of clear directions and priorities; and clarification of roles and responsibilities;
• Contributes to the quality and professionalism of the Clerk’s office within the corporation by identifying creative new ideas, methods and best practices for implementation;
• Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and the direction for quality standards;
• Researches and analyses information respecting industry standards, innovations, technological advancements and best practices for legislative and administrative functions;
• Presents findings on complex issues relating to departmental responsibilities;
• Facilitates learning in the organization and seeks opportunities to master new knowledge;
• Communicates effectively, builds effective relationships, promotes cross-functional teams, seeking win/win outcomes;
• Seeks to assist the Clerk through proactive problem solving preventing issues from unnecessarily escalating by taking on the problem to or by collaborating with the Deputy Clerk, staff within the Clerk’s office and other HRM business units
• Manages multiple tasks and priorities for maximum personal and organizational success
• Represents the Office of the Clerk on corporate initiatives and committees
Education & Experience
• Undergraduate degree or College diploma in a related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a municipal government setting in a senior administrative position.
• Demonstrated experience and the required skills to communicate and interact with a wide cross section of staff, elected officials and the general public
Technical/Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities
• Good organizational skills, including the keeping of detailed records.
• Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated tact and diplomacy, both with internal and external clients.
• Must have a comprehensive knowledge of services provided by Halifax Regional Municipality.
• Excellent skills in use of HRM software and systems in support of business outcomes. (including excel & Outlook) – very strong technical background.
• Knowledge of HRM policies and procedures. Knowledge of current, effective office procedures, budgeting, financial record keeping, information management systems and human resource systems.
• Knowledge of municipal and provincial legislation relevant to the business unit and Council proceedings.
• Excellent organization and communications skills with proven ability to prioritize competing priorities and to thrive in demanding situations.
***Testing will be conducted to assess Technical/Job Specific Knowledge.
Competencies: Analytical Thinking, Customer Service, Flexibility, Initiative, Networking/Relationship Building; Organization and Planning, Organizational Awareness, Teamwork and Cooperation, Valuing Diversity.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - Some overtime might be required from time to time.
Salary: Non-Union Salary Scale - A3 Level (Range: $40,000 - $62,000 annually). Salary with commensurate with exducaiton and experience.
Closing Date: Application will be received up to midnight January 28, 2013.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available, and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment.
As an Employment Equity employer, the Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking to increase the representation of qualified racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Please Note: Once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire(s) will appear on your screen and must be completed in order to be considered for this position.
Pos # 72283622.