Job Posting Date: February 14, 2013
SUMMER RECREATION PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Day Camp Instructor
Sport Camp Instructor
Adventure Camp Instructor
Preschool Camp Instructor
The Summer Recreation Program Instructor leads recreation programs for a variety of age groups. The Instructor designs activities within a planned curriculum and supports persons with disabilities in programs (e.g. personal care, lifting procedures, adapting activities, administering medications, etc.) - may be required to develop a specific plan. Other responsibilities include: daily duties such as greeting participants, leading activities, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants, organizing equipment and supplies, preparing for activities, distributing and collecting permission slips for outings, organizing outings, participating in staff meetings.
- HRM's Youth Leadership Program participation considered an asset.
- At least one season/summer of experience working or volunteering with preschoolers/children/youth in a recreational setting.
- At least one season/summer of experience in program leadership skills.
- Current National Lifeguard Service certification and previous experience working with persons with disabilities considered assets.
- Should have an understanding of Healthy Child Development (may be required for some positions).
Conditions of Employment:
- Current certification in Emergency First Aid and Level B CPR. Successful completion of all training requirements (Including High Five and WHMIS). Screening through the Child Abuse Registry and if applicable, a Police Records Check.
Wage Range: $10.30 - $11.15 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay).
Hours of Work: Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
Work Locations: Various (Detailed locations can be found on www.halifax.ca/rec/employment)
Closing Date: applications will be received up to midnight, April 21, 2013.
As an Employment Equity Employer, the Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking to increase the representation of qualified racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Please Note: Once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire(s) will appear on your screen and must be completed in order to be considered for this position.