Job Posting Date: February 14, 2013
SUMMER RECREATION SKATEBOARD PARK INSTRUCTOR
The Summer Recreation Skateboard Park Instructor leads recreation programs for a variety of age groups. The Instructor designs activities within a planned curriculum and supports persons with disabilities in programs (e.g. personal care, lifting procedures, adapting activities, administering medications, etc.) - may be required to develop a specific plan. Other responsibilities include: daily duties such as greeting participants, leading activities, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants, organizing equipment and supplies, preparing for activities, participating in staff meetings.
- Skateboarding skills and experience considered an asset.
- HRM's Youth Leadership Program participation considered an asset.
- At least one season/summer of experience working or volunteering with preschoolers/children/youth in a recreational setting.
- At least one season/summer of experience in program leadership skills.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities considered assets.
- Should have an understanding of Healthy Child Development (may be required for some positions).
Conditions of Employment:
Current certification in Emergency First Aid and Level B CPR. Successful completion of all training requirements (Including High Five and WHMIS). Screening through the Child Abuse Registry and if applicable, a Police Records Check.
Wage Range: $10.30 - $11.00 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay).
Hours of Work: Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule.
Work Location: Captain William Spry, Citadel and Cole Harbour Community Recreation Centres. (visit www.halifax.ca/rec/employment for addresses)
Closing Date: applications will be received up to midnight, April 21, 2013.
As an Employment Equity Employer, the Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking to increase the representation of qualified racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Please Note: Once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire(s) will appear on your screen and must be completed in order to be considered for this position.