Customer Service Advisor
Halifax, NS, CANADA;
Customer Service ; Customer Support and Service
Transportation and Couriers
Job Career Level:
Year(s) of Experience:
Number Of Positions:
May 2, 2013
Job Posting Date: May 2, 2013
Competition #: 13-089U
Customer Service Advisor
Under supervision of the Coordinator, Metro Transit, the Customer Service Advisor will deal with a wide variety of Metro Transit customer service related inquiries, including inbound phone calls, Hansen (Land Information System) calls escalated from the HRM Call Centre, inquiries forwarded from the Mayor's & Councillor's office, other HRM Departments and through Contact HRM.
Metro Transit is a direct customer based service provider which provides approximately 19 million trips annually. The HRM Corporate Call Centre forwards approximately 9,000 calls a year which requires further action and investigation by transit staff. With an ever increasing number of services, facilities, employees and ridership, the number of customer inquiries and complaints requiring follow-up by transit staff are predicted to increase accordingly. These escalated calls all require time sensitive and personalized responses.
The Customer Service Advisor will also oversee the distribution and dissemination of Metro Transit Customer Service information; to external outlets such as ticket retailers, libraries, etc. and multi-garage and multi-service system; for each of Metro Transits suite of different services such as Conventional fixed-route, Ferry, MetroLink, Metro X, Community Transit and Access-A-Bus.
Duties and Repsonsibilities:
- Responds; researches and provides accurate Metro Transit customer service follow-up by way of verbal callbacks or in writing, in a timely fashion to passengers, elected officials, and/or the public as it relates to transit service issues, complaints or inquiries, received through the HRM Corporate Call Centre; Mayor's & Councilors Offices; other HRM Managers & Supervisors; or outside businesses; in a courteous and professional manner
- Liaises with Metro Transit supervisors and Managers on escalated response situations
- Assists with upkeep of Transit Hansen database
- Arranges for the regular distribution of Metro Transit Customer service materials including Maps, Schedules and Go Times Rider newsletters, and Fare information to the 54 independent transit retail outlets.
- Arranges for the regular distribution of Metro Transit Customer Service materials and flyers on board transit fleet, including conventional fixed route, Metro Link, Metro X, Community Transit, Access-A-Bus and the Ferry Service.
- Coordinates public information displays and represents Metro Transit Customer Service interests in a professional manner at trade shows; university orientations, transit service launches and other HRM & external events; serving approxiately 35 events or more annually
- Assists in conducting customer service satisfaction surveys for internal business units and/or service marketing with external customers
- Undertakes administrative responsibilities such as faxing, and typing customer response letters and general transit marketing procedures, such as authorizing ticket disbursements for non-profit agencies
- Conducts research on HRM and transit services to meet needs of other transit marketing staff for information
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) year Diploma from a recognized educational institution in Office/Business Administration, preferably in the Public Relations field or a suitable combination of training and experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in a customer service field (within the last 5 years) dealing directly with customer service inquiries & investigations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HRM's operations, business unit functions and procedures
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and training in customer service
- Thorough knowledge of current computer technology relevant to office administration
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in use of information-based technology and software including Word, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet/intranet software.
- Ability to enter and maintain data accurately.
Working Conditions/ Hours/ Location:
- Work location is 200 Ilsley Ave.
- 35 Hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- Additional hours may be required due to special events or trade shows
- General office environment Competencies:
In addition to specific experience and knowledge necessary for the job, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated strength in, but not limited to, the following HRM competencies:
Achievement Motivation; Communication; Customer Service; Flexibility; Impact & Influence; Initiative; Teamwork and Cooperation; Valuing Diversity Testing may be conducted as part of the selection process to access job specific/technical knowledge.
NSUPE Level 5 - $23.42 per hour CLOSING DATE: applications will be receive up to midnight, May 13, 2013.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available, and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment. Please note
: Once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire(s) will appear on your screen which must be completed in order to be considered for this position.
As an Employment Equity employer, the Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking to increase the representation of qualified racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.