Job Posting date: May 7, 2013
Competition #: 13-091U
Service Desk Analyst
ICT Planning & CRM
FINANCE and INFORMATION, COMMUNICATION & TECHNOLOGY
Reporting to the Team Lead, ICT Service Desk, this position is responsible to provide front-line technical support services to all HRM clients. This position must stay current on technology specific to account maintenance, file and print services, enterprise and business applications, and hardware and software as it pertains to HRM. In addition, this position will provide technical support to the audio visual and voting systems for Halifax Regional Council.
This position requires a strong customer service orientation coupled with strong interpersonal and oral / written communication skills. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and a natural problem solver.
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science or related field, or suitable combination of formal education and experience;
- Hold a recognized designation in any of the following subject matter areas: Help Desk / Service Desk, Desktop Support or Networking; and be willing to maintain these designations;
- HDI Support Centre Analyst or Desktop Support Technician (or successful completion within 6 months);
- ITIL Foundations Certification (or successful completion within 12 months);
Technical Knowledge / Experience:
- 2 years of experience in an IT environment with PC software, hardware and network troubleshooting;
- Strong desktop hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills (e.g. desktop computers, laptops, network adapters, CD-/DVD-ROMs, scanners, printers, plotters, monitors);
- Experience using Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Novell NetWare and Novell GroupWise administration utilities;
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft operating systems;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Working knowledge of industry standard Service Desk practices, processes and procedures would be considered an asset;
Customer Service; Achievement Motivation; Analytical Thinking; Communication; Continuous Learning; Decision Making; Flexibility; Initiative; Organization and Planning; Stress Management; Teamwork and Cooperation; Values and Ethics; Value Diversity
HOURS OF WORK: Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm - 35 hours per week. Compensated overtime and on call duties as required.
WORK LOCATION: 5251 Duke Street, Halifax NS Duke Tower
CLOSING DATE: applications will be received up to midnight, May 18, 2013
SALARY: IS Level 4 ($34.25 per hr) as per the NSUPE collective agreement
(may be paid at 90% of the rate during the probationary period).
NOTE: Technical skills testing will be conducted as a component of the selection process to assess technical and job knowledge.
Candidates being considered for this position must successfully meet the security clearance requirements administered by Halifax Regional Police which include, but are not limited to, a pre-employment polygraph.
As an Employment Equity employer, the Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking to increase the representation of qualified racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available, and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment.
Please note: Once you have submitted your resume, an on-line questionnaire(s) will appear on your screen which must be completed in order to be considered for this position.
po # 72283770