The Distribution Technologies area is committed to the delivery and maintenance of a competitive suite of technology services to meet the needs of Distribution management, advisors, and support staff across Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life.
You will ensure the effective application of the project management discipline for successful delivery of projects within the Distribution Technologies business unit. Working closely with Business Sponsors and IS, you will be responsible for the development and execution of project plans to meet business expectations within predefined budget, schedule and quality objectives. You will provide leadership to project teams and effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Works closely with the project sponsor, business partners and IS project manager to develop the project charter, includes defining the project scope, goals, objectives, approach, methodology and communication plan.
- Identifies project stakeholders and their role on the project.
- Contributes to the development of the project delivery schedule, cost estimates, and resources required (people, training, materials).
- Performs risk planning and analysis, including risk identification and risk response planning.
- Executes, tracks, and monitors progress to plan and distributes the project information to all relevant project team members and business sponsors.
- Identifies, resolves, or escalates all project issues.
- Contributes to the development of Distribution Technologies’ quarterly resource and project planning process.
· Minimum 3 years experience leading projects.
· Strong knowledge and experience with project management principles and practices.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Strong communication, facilitation and decision making skills.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate information and render effective decisions.
· Demonstrated stakeholder management skills.
· Demonstrated project plan development skills.
· Demonstrated project execution management skills.
· Experience or understanding of IS Delivery Methodologies.