The Next Step In Your Career?
Regional Technology Training Specialist
Saint John, New Brunswick
The Technology Training & Enablement (TTE) Team, located within IS Organisational Development , is looking to fill the role of Regional Technology Training Specialist (RTTS), providing technology training to the field staff in the Freedom 55 Financial, Wealth and Estate Planning Group (WEPG) and Canada Life Regional Marketing Centres (RMCs).
The selected RTTS’ main office is located in Saint John, NB. The incumbent will also need to travel to Moncton, Fredericton, Charlottetown, PEI and St- John’s, NL.
The TTE team’s objective is to help maximize performance and drive down the costs of support through technology training. The RTTS deliver comprehensive training and support to field staff on the use of new and existing corporate and I.S. technology.
The Information Services Division provides value-added information technology solutions and support to the Power Financial group of companies: Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life, Investors Group and Mackenzie Financial. We are an evolving global I.S. organization providing support to our business clients in Canada, Europe and Hong Kong/Macau.
You will be accountable for:
· Conducts training needs analysis in the Freedom 55 Financial Centres, WEPG offices and Canada Life RMCs
· Leads and delivers training for existing and new technology changes affecting staff in Financial Centres, WEPG offices and Canada Life RMCs
· Markets technology training through understanding the business and relationship building in the offices they support
· Schedules and delivers technology training within Financial Centres, WEPG offices and Canada Life RMCs
· Reviews training processes and tools and recommends changes
· Supports pilot, implementation and evaluation of business sponsored and project initiated technology training
· Identifies and communicates best practices for internal technology training delivery
· Identifies ways to improve overall effectiveness of the RTTS program
· Supports resolution of technology related issues and problems
· Supports orientation and training of new RTTS staff.
Required Competencies and Behaviours:
· Minimum 3 years in an IT environment
· Minimum 2 years experience delivering adult training
· Minimum 2 years knowledge and use of MS Office products (Version 2007 or newer), Windows Platform (XP), and Windows 7.
· Knowledge of hardware and software components for both laptops and desktops
· Wide scope of training and classroom instruction experience
· Effective presentation skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience
· Experience working in a financial service business and understanding of basic financial concepts in a financial sales organization
· Experience in problem analysis and trouble shooting
· Ability to provide proactive solutions to supporting audience
· Fundamental understanding of a corporate technology infrastructure
· Ability to travel and work flexible hours (car and valid driver’s license are required)
· Ability to work independently without day to day supervision
· Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills
· A self motivated individual with the imitative to study and explore new opportunities
· Certification in adult learning principles and practices
· Experience in design and development of technical training
· Experience in training evaluation methods
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal growth.
To apply, please submit an updated copy of your resume to email@example.com
This posting has an anticipated closing date of January 4, 2013. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We will contact you if you are selected for an interview.