This is a temporary 6 month contract position.
The Medical Service Clerk is responsible to provide administrative and clerical support to a team of Case Coordinators and Underwriters in the Individual Life/New Business department in Toronto.
- Provide Administrative support to the New Business Underwriting Department.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes and emails from associates, vendors, underwriters, etc.
- Process large volumes of outgoing mail for the department.
- Responsible for sorting and sending all faxes in the department.
- Responsible for the print output from the department printer.
- Order printer paper and ensure prompt service calls are placed in the event of printer outage.
- Scanning and indexing of client information on to the Underwriting Image System.
- Indexing of new business applications.
- Prepare daily files for the medical department.
- Order placements of paramedical requests.
- Enter banking information on the system.
- Follow-up and track requirements.
- Send appropriate files to case coordinators for follow-up and confirmation.
- Correspond externally with Doctors
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Post secondary education an asset (minimum High School graduate).
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Well developed time management and prioritization skills.
· Proven ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast pace environment.
· Strong keyboarding skills with high level of accuracy.
· Windows 95, Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, Internet.
· Experience in Individual Insurance operations a nice to have.
· Strong team player with initiative, problem-solving and organizational skills.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to develop and grow within an exciting, professional environment. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates are invited to apply on-line at: www.londonlife.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted