This unique career development opportunity will provide the incumbent with broad exposure to operations, systems, and management throughout the corporation, a wide variety of projects in a professional team-oriented environment, and the potential for impacting company processes and controls.
As a member of the audit team, this position will be responsible for assessing risks and auditing major business processes, financial controls, third party arrangements, and other special projects (e.g. application systems development) in order to provide assurance to Management and the Board of Directors as well as meaningful recommendations for improvements, where appropriate.
1) With the support of senior Internal Audit staff, conduct operational, compliance, and financial audits throughout the corporation, develop recommendations for improvement, and prepare draft audit reports.
2) Participate in various special projects, such as application systems development or other corporate initiatives, to assist the organization in ensuring controls are satisfactory and project results are achieved.
3) Work with business leaders to coordinate the annual updating and testing of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR). Responsibilities include review of the business area to ensure their annual review of financial control documentation has been completed, assess and carry out the test plan for key financial reporting controls, and conclude on the effectiveness of controls tested.
4) Contribute to the success of the audit team, build strong business relationships throughout the corporation, work effectively in a team environment, and demonstrate strong individual initiative and discipline.
Qualifications and Competencies:
1. Professional accounting or auditing designation, or equivalent in a related field of study. Candidates currently enrolled in a designation program at the senior levels will be considered if they also possess a university degree and relevant experience exceeding that described in # 2 below.
2. Minimum of three years accounting, auditing, or relevant business experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have internal or external audit experience.
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated strength working in/with high-performance teams.
4. Superior analytical and organizational skills.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to travel on occasion.
Together London Life, Great-West Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We foster a culture where a wide range of professionals – in finance, accounting, general business and actuarial disciplines, for example – are learning, growing, and shaping their careers to achieve their personal and professional goals.
We’re an organization that cares for our customers, our staff and our communities. You can grow your career with us while giving, growing and connecting with the world around us.
There’s more than meets the eye with our organization. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity. Apply with cover letter and resume before April 15, 2013.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.