The Information Services (I.S.) organization is a global operation providing value-added information technology solutions to Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life, Investors Group, Mackenzie Financial and Investment Planning Counsel. Our I.S. professionals make a significant contribution to the companies’ business goals through strategic application delivery and integration of information technology, infrastructure and services spanning Canada, United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Ireland, Germany, and Hong Kong/Macau.
Information Services is powered by the strength of our people and the knowledge we share. Consider joining our growing team – one of the largest global IT organizations in Canada.
Information Services is a shared services organization providing both IT infrastructure and support to London Life, Great-West Life and Canada Life. Our IT professionals make a significant contribution to the companies' business goals through the effective delivery of value-added information services.
The Career Centre structure, which supplies skilled practitioners to our organization, is part of the overall I.S. Division. These site-specific centres of excellence focus on five Information Technology disciplines (Project Managers, Systems Analysts, Systems Architects, Software Developers and Quality Analysts).
The functional roles of the Career Centres are to provide resource management and professional development services to all internal IS Division business areas and programs. As well as, develop and maintain IS best practices as part of the application delivery process within each of business sites.
The Systems Analyst maintains a “business perspective” through all phases of the problem resolution and systems enhancement. Systems Analysts work closely with their Business Clients to understand their business needs, opportunities and requirements. Working in a team environment, the Systems Analyst is responsible for:
· representing their client’s business requirements,
· defining and designing the business functionality of the system, and
· ensuring that the system meets the defined business requirements.
· Defining and maintaining business architecture through conceptual business models
· Defining business problems/opportunities, providing a clear definition and performing benefit analysis
· Performing business and systems analysis and design, articulating the logical design alternatives and recommending appropriate solutions
· Performing functional analysis and design, defining and documenting detailed business requirements and leading the usability perspective of the project
· Working with quality assurance team members to ensure adequate testing, and that the system meets business expectations
· Contributing to training strategies and business implementation planning
· Providing leadership to business partners and team members
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Strong conceptual thinking skills
· Degree in related discipline (Commerce/Management Information Systems, Business Administration, etc.) or equivalent combination of training and experience;
· Good understanding of business principles and experience with a broad range of different types of business functions;
· Understanding of IS methodologies, processes and practices, and experience with functional systems analysis and design;
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills that rely on a structured approach to problem solving;
· Strong logical data modeling, business process modeling and requirements elicitation skills;
· Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation;
· Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbal, that is appropriate for the audience;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment;
· Ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure;
· Effective planning and organizational skills;
· Good understanding of information technology/information systems.
As the successful candidate you will have the opportunity to develop and grow within an exciting, professional environment. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Interested candidates are invited to apply on-line at: www.londonlife.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.