Start Rate $33.27 per hour $33.27 - $42.12 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO, the Air Rail Link (ARL) and a new division, Rapid Transit Implementation (the Toronto transit projects). Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). Join us as we work together to transform the way the region moves.
Working with an energetic, talented group of communications professionals, as a Graphics Coordinator, you will be responsible for: · Providing effective visual identity concepts and programs, graphics standards and creative services for web and print applications for Metrolinx. · Designing, developing, coordinating and executing art and graphic requirements in a timely, cost-effective manner and to current web and print industry standards. · Ensuring continuity and consistency of corporate visual guidelines and standards. · Creating graphics primarily for published, printed or electronic media, such as brochures and advertising utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite of applications and desktop publishing, preferably on the Mac platform.
Location: 5160 Yonge Street, Toronto
· Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary graphics or commercial art program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience, supplemented with art programs, computer and design studies or programs, such as CADD (Computer Aided Design & Drafting)
· A minimum of (5) five years of experience in a commercial art environment providing a solid working background in print and graphics production for corporate communication and promotional purposes, including design, layout, typography, rendering, assembly, and production coordination
· Experience in computer graphics and desktop publishing is essential
· Proficiency in web-authoring computer applications and/or the interpretation of CADD generated 2D and 3D drawings
· Good organizational skills and the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than October 6, 2012, quoting File Number 12-405.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER