|PART-TIME STATION ATTENDANT II
Start Rate $22.22 per hour
$22.22 to $27.62 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
(Training Rate $13.28 per hour)
Our Station Operations East Office is seeking several Station Attendant II to ensure the care and control of all ticket stock, cash float, equipment, lost and found articles or other products. To perform all duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner while promoting customer service and assisting customers as required.
- Selling all forms of transportation tickets/passes and other items as required and depositing revenues daily.
- Providing information to the travelling public and the appropriate handling of lost and found articles.
- Carrying out basic janitorial services, maintenance and minor repairs of GO Transit stations and grounds.
| || || || || |
| |(3) Permanent
(2) Up to 18 month’s assignments
| || || || | NOTE: This floater position will involve working a five-day weekly schedule at various locations in the East region, with variable shifts including week nights, weekends and holidays - minimum 2-1/4 hours per day.
*A personal vehicle is required for travel.
- Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aid Certification, and successfully complete, safety, environmental, and any other training required by corporate policy.
- Six (6) months experience in either cash handling or janitorial services and dealing with the direct public.
- Good oral and written communications skills and the ability to deal courteously with the public.
- Ability to read and understand fare tables, manuals, and schedules.
- Ability to learn and operate computers and other electronic equipment.
- Understanding the safe handling of cleaning chemicals, tools, and equipment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than November 24, 2012, quoting File Number 12-458.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER