$60,101 - $75,491 per annum
(Contract Position – up to 1 year)
Our Staffing Services Office is seeking a Human Resources professional with a background in corporate recruiting to join our team and assist in the recruitment and selection of top talent for the organization.
- Creating a rewarding and satisfying “first contact” experience for job seekers by providing clear and accurate information about Metrolinx and its career opportunities.
- Coordinating and leading recruitment activities for all unionized and non-union positions, including resume screening utilizing an Applicant Tracking System, candidate testing and interviewing, conducting reference checks, and job offers.
- Strategic partnering with business unit leads to proactively understand and facilitate staffing requirements, establishing client specific recruitment strategies, to identify and attract top candidates.
- Developing and maintaining statistics pertaining to turnover, headcount, and recruitment activities.
- Participating in recruitment related projects as assigned.
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Completion of a college diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Possession of, or working towards, a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset.
- Minimum four (4) years experience working in Human Resources, specializing in corporate recruitment & selection, ideally in a unionized and/or public sector environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading “full-cycle” corporate recruitment processes, in a fair and equitable manner, adhering to all legislation, corporate policies, and Collective Agreements, where applicable.
- Experience reviewing resumes and exercising judgement in identifying valuable and relevant candidates; coordinating and participating in interviews, including developing questions and coaching managers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a track record of providing a superior customer service experience to both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders in facilitating the interview process and hiring decisions.
- Advanced expertise utilizing Microsoft Office applications and previous experience utilizing and administering Applicant Tracking Systems.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than December 13, 2012, quoting File Number 12-480.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER