Start Rate $33.27 per hour
$33.27 - $42.12 per hour (ATU Bargaining Unit)
Our Network Operations Office is seeking Network Administrators to administer access to local and wide area network components and provide support and maintenance to Windows Enterprise and Sun/Unix Servers.
- Daily management of Windows 2008 R2 servers, Exchange 2010, BES, Sun/Unix system, Hyper-V and SAN technology in a complex network environment, monitoring applications, maintaining network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems accordingly.
- Administering and securing Active Directory network services and resources such as messaging; databases; file and print services; Internet; Intranet; VPN remote access; client computer management and supporting third party and in-house developed applications.
- Maintaining centralized computer data centres at Head Office and remote sites; rack mounting servers, cabling and power distribution, UPS and A/C monitoring.
- Participating in infrastructure projects and software upgrades to ensure network operational acceptance and readiness to production environment.
- Supporting Metrolinx business by providing tier 2 level troubleshooting of incidents and work request fulfillments
Location: 20 Bay Street, Toronto
- Knowledge of computer science field, with particular emphasis on network technology, normally attained through completion of a three-year community college program, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in a complex network environment.
- Must have Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Enterprise and Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certifications, ITIL Foundations,. Solaris 11 Unix Certification and experience with Hyper-V and SAN shall be considered strong assets.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in network administration and support of Windows Enterprise Server 2008 R2; Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Blackberry Enterprise Server; Enterprise Netbackup, Microsoft SCOM 2012 and Antivirus protection services; SharePoint Servers, Windows 7 and Office 2010.
- Demonstrated skills working in a Virtual environment using Hyper-V and SAN technologies; advanced Active Directory skills, DNS, DHCP, GPO, Powershell and use of scripts.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than January 13, 2013, quoting File Number 13-04.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER