SENIOR SOFTWARE LEAD/DEVELOPER
$76,775- $96,435 per annum
Our Applications Development Office is seeking a Sr. Software Lead/Developer to lead the analysis, design, development and maintenance of enterprise business applications across multiple platforms, with particular expertise using Oracle and Microsoft technologies. Key Responsibilities:
- Leading the delivery of effective applications, developed in-house or purchased, as solutions to business requirements based on detailed analysis of business processes.
- Leading the support and maintenance of existing applications to ensure they retain their business value throughout active use.
- Ensuring consistent and coordinated practices in internal development activities through the support of appropriate policies and procedures, including consistent development tools, efficient use and sharing of code, and the development of effective data architecture.
- Organizing and prioritizing programming related work/tasks, and ensuring their coordinated execution by other Applications Development team members.
- Leading and coaching staff, monitoring technical and individual performance skills, identifying “gap” bridging training opportunities, and providing direct coaching development plans.
20 Bay Street, Toronto
Knowledge of computer science field with particular emphasis on software design, normally attained through completion of a 4-year community college program, or an equivalent combination of education training, and experience.
- Formal training and/or experience in the Microsoft Visual Basic or Visual Studio Development suite (VB.NET, C#), Microsoft SharePoint, and other Microsoft Toolsets, and/or Oracle development tools; PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, and Oracle BI Publisher.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the analysis, design and development of corporate systems, implementing effective solutions to business needs through both purchased and developed solutions.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing small and large Enterprise applications developed on Microsoft or Oracle platforms and use of reporting toolsets such as Business Objects (Crystal Reports) and SQL Reporting
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Sun Solaris Unix operating systems, RDBMS background – Oracle and SQL Server relational databases, middleware such as Weblogic, communication technologies such as WCF, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online, no later than January 13, 2013
, quoting File Number 13-05
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER